Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Streaming equipment

Hi all!

Just a couple of questions for those of you who stream:

1. What hardware do you use? (Mic, camera, background etc...)

and

2. What software do you use?

Thanks!

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Used to stream daily before I moved to an area with 3mb max internet (never again..).

Mic: Samson Meteor. It's got comparable quality to a Blue Yeti at almost half the price. Easy choice. Can also mount to a swing arm.

Webcam: I used a pretty bad Logitech webcam (c270?) but it was about 720p so it worked fine. The smaller you make the area for your facecam the better pixel density it will have on stream, which will help it look better.

Software: OBS. Hands down the best. They just added support not too long ago for Nvidia NVENC which helps performance. This is the most customizable streaming software you can get your hands on and it's also free. There's a lot of guides on YouTube and online on how to set it up.

Retired and loving it. AOD Member AOD_Caledric's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    New World
    Status
    Active

If you are going to be a serious streamer I highly recommend a 2nd computer or laptop with a capture card to stream from separate from your gaming rig. OBS and XSplit are both huge resource hogs, but they are the only programs worth using to stream. You'll want to keep them running separate from your game.

As for software... I had an XSplit license. I personally preferred it over OBS because it was more user friendly and is geared 100% towards streaming games.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

A cheap blue snowball works wonders, they're $30 or less used, drastic increase in quality over a gaming headset mic. For the camera I used a Logitech C920, used $30. I didn't use a green screen background, but those can be had for $20 on ebay.

I would recommend you don't start off buying the flashy stuff, and keep it low budget to start. You simply don't need to spend a lot of money, if people like you it's gonna be because they like you not your equipment.

For software I used OBS and twitchalerts, both free and I never had a problem with either.

Retired and loving it. AOD Member AOD_Caledric's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    New World
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_a_goat View Post
    A cheap blue snowball works wonders, they're $30 or less used, drastic increase in quality over a gaming headset mic. For the camera I used a Logitech C920, used $30. I didn't use a green screen background, but those can be had for $20 on ebay.

I would recommend you don't start off buying the flashy stuff, and keep it low budget to start. You simply don't need to spend a lot of money, if people like you it's gonna be because they like you not your equipment.

For software I used OBS and twitchalerts, both free and I never had a problem with either.
    Definetly agree with the starting off with cheap equipment. People watch the stream for the game play and your personality or game knowledge. They don't care what kind of cool mic you got or if the picture is in 4k UHD or 720 HD. Once you have yourself a regular following of 30-50 folks then start to upgrade with what makes life easier on you. Don't go all out on your set up unless your pulling in 200-300 daily and twitch offers you monetization.

If you have a nice set of ummm "peripherals" however for the viewers to stare at while you game that can help you get your viewer count up though...

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue DDevastatedTV's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Blue Yeti with mount to a swing arm.

PC Specs
    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VDRDr7

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue DDevastatedTV's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDude_1 View Post

Blue Yeti with mount to a swing arm.

PC Specs
    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VDRDr7
    Cant edit thread For the software I used OBS and twitchalerts Streamlabs, both free and I never had a problem with either.