Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! chlorformbandit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Aio coolers

So i have had this corsair h80i v2 cooler for a while brand new in the box. Never really had time to install, does anyone have any opinions about the closed loop coolers corsair make? Im currently running the evo 212. Will i notice a big temp difference. Oh i have a i7 7700k

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i7 7700k is a hot chip so, with AIO cooler you'll be able to OC it better than with air cooler. I'd even recommend bigger than H80i. Something like H110 would be better.

I have i7 7700k OC to 4.8 Ghz and cooled by H110i. I used to have Skylake CPU before and Skylake used to be much cooler chip than Kabylake.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! chlorformbandit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    i7 7700k is a hot chip so, with AIO cooler you'll be able to OC it better than with air cooler. I'd even recommend bigger than H80i. Something like H110 would be better.

I have i7 7700k OC to 4.8 Ghz and cooled by H110i. I used to have Skylake CPU before and Skylake used to be much cooler chip than Kabylake.
    Really i thought it was the opposite ?

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am currently using the H80iV2 with Noctua fans instead of corsair fans. I also used the H100iV2 in a prior build. I keep my pump full speed and the fans at a fixed percentage of 85% on the h80iv2. I can play BF1 ultra setting 1080p with 110% resolution factor if that matters and my temp doesnt go higher than 75c. I have an 8700k running stock speeds right now, havent overclocked yet. I havent seen it get any higher. If you do use an AIO, throw your pump at full power because the changing in speeds of the pump itself can actually do more harm than good - at least form what I hear and have seen a few videos on it. I suggest changing out the fans though to a nicer one cause their stock ones arent good. That is just me personally.

What case are you using cause that can make a difference too

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Entity94 View Post
    I am currently using the H80iV2 with Noctua fans instead of corsair fans. I also used the H100iV2 in a prior build. I keep my pump full speed and the fans at a fixed percentage of 85% on the h80iv2. I can play BF1 ultra setting 1080p with 110% resolution factor if that matters and my temp doesnt go higher than 75c. I have an 8700k running stock speeds right now, havent overclocked yet. I havent seen it get any higher. If you do use an AIO, throw your pump at full power because the changing in speeds of the pump itself can actually do more harm than good - at least form what I hear and have seen a few videos on it. I suggest changing out the fans though to a nicer one cause their stock ones arent good. That is just me personally.

What case are you using cause that can make a difference too
    My pump is running at quiet mode and fan speed is limited to 1400 RPM, which makes my system run very quiet even when the CPU is on full load. My temps stay below 70C, while gaming and don't go above 75C when the CPU is 100% (all cores and threads) loaded. I used to run fans at 1700 RPM before I replaced my NZXT H440 case fans with Thermaltake Riing 12 and Riing 14 fans that drastically decreased the temperatures on all components due to more air flow and air pressure within the case. If I had i7 6700k now then my CPU would never go above 60C. As I mentioned earlier Kabylake CPU's are a lot hotter than Skylake. Nevertheless, I still managed to OC my i7 7700k and keep it under 70C.

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

AIO’s don’t provide much benefit over high end air coolers (like noctua air coolers). The hyper 212 wouldn’t be considered high end.

You may notice better temperatures, but once the water in the loop heats up there’s very little difference between the two.

It’s hard to say whether the h80i would be better than a 212. I’d say yes, so it wouldn’t hurt to try the h80i and compare temps.

The main reason AIO’s are popular is because they’re relatively quiet once you replace the stock fans, they take up less space, and they look cool.

https://youtu.be/hr0qLLv3dKc (on mobile, not sure if this link will work).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post
    AIO’s don’t provide much benefit over high end air coolers (like noctua air coolers). The hyper 212 wouldn’t be considered high end.

You may notice better temperatures, but once the water in the loop heats up there’s very little difference between the two.

It’s hard to say whether the h80i would be better than a 212. I’d say yes, so it wouldn’t hurt to try the h80i and compare temps.

The main reason AIO’s are popular is because they’re relatively quiet once you replace the stock fans, they take up less space, and they look cool.

https://youtu.be/hr0qLLv3dKc (on mobile, not sure if this link will work).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    with AIO coolers you start noticing difference between high end air coolers at higher ambient temperatures and at higher OC. I've been using air coolers for 17 years and Corsair H110i is my second AIO after DeepCool Captain 120. I see more stable and consistent temperatures on AIO rather than on air coolers.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I have been using air CPU coolers for years but I finally had to gat an AIO to keep my 7700K cool with a nice OC.