Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Fine-tuning headphones

So I pulled out my Razer Kraken 2015 gaming headsets and I did play around with them to fine tune and get some sort of sense out of them because by default they sound horrible - lows are way too high, mids are all over the place and highs are way too low.

I used an APO Equalizer app to achieve some desired results and make them sound clean. You can see in the screenshot below what I just mentioned above. I had to significantly lower the mids (by 20+dB) otherwise the sound was like in a tin-can. Also, the Bass was way too high and was really unbearable to listen to music that has vocals. So, I went and significantly lowered some lows to lower the Bass levels. Then I increased slightly highs to gain that cleaner and crispier sound. Overall they sound decent now.

If you are using gaming headsets, I highly recommend getting rid of any utilities that came with your headset or if you are using on-board sound card get rid off the utility that came with it from the motherboard manufacturer. This application is FREE and is pretty complex but fairly straight forward to use. What I also like about this app is that it shows peak levels of the headphones or speakers that allows to perfectly fine tune the device so that it does not go over peak levels. Thus, the sound is crispier and cleaner with no distortion. https://sourceforge.net/projects/equ...apo/files/1.2/

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Bump!

Just installed this on one of my laptops because default utility from Sound Blaster was so robust. This equalizer allowed me to fine tune headphones and achieve a completely different sounding - now they sound miles better.

If you ever wondered how a crisp clear sound should be then here is your chance.