Ain't got time to show you mercy. Violet's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Arma runs bad

I always noticed arma run between 25 - 40 fps for me and my friend say it's normal but then some of my friends he 60+ fps with the same or a bit worse specs. it there anything i'm missing in the parameters?

Specs:

GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    Intel i5-4460

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. XguarionX's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Violet View Post
    I always noticed arma run between 25 - 40 fps for me and my friend say it's normal but then some of my friends he 60+ fps with the same or a bit worse specs. it there anything i'm missing in the parameters?

Specs:

GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    Intel i5-4460
    When was the last time you did a Dust and Wash on your Rig? When was the last time you paste your Cpu?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_majstingray's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

As a veteran ARMA player ARMA is pretty CPU dependent my old computer it ran horrible especially on a server with 60 people on it which is the amount of people in the unit I'm in that are on during our ops. With my new computer it runs better on a lightly populated server I can get maybe 50 FPS but when we do our ops it drops to around 25 FPS and I have a top of the line processor. I don't think it's well optimized either. I would recommend maybe play with your video settings. I would be happy to hop in game and do some testing with your fps and maybe we can find a solution. PM me on the fourms and I can send you mu steam

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Specs:

GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    Intel i5-4460
    Try lowering the draw distance in the settings.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue PresetJunkie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Specs:

GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    Intel i5-4460
    try upgrading your CPU, i'm playing on a 3 year old laptop w/ i7 4720hq and gtx 950m and get 24-40 in single player and around 18-29 on multiplayer (Annex)

I am the Angry Chameleon! Lord DTR's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You need to do two things.

1. It is true that Arma is CPU intensive. But for some reason, going for higher render is not as bad as some people may say. Just try to get a good CPU and you will be fine.
    2. CPU runtime for the game client is important. The more often the CPU handles the game the more FPS you will get. If you go to your task manager, look at section details with the game open and running, you should see Arma's game client in the list. Right click on it > set priority > choose realtime. the game should then get the highest amount of time with the CPU.

As ludecrus as it may seem, my I7700K with 16GB of DDR4 @3000MHz RAM and GTX 1060 6GB gives me 60 fps in most cases going as low as 40 fps in dense cities.