Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default AMD GPU Owners: Don't Update to 18.4.1

It's b0rked.

No, this is NOT the place for you to soap box about how your NVidia is perfect and you trust it to power your baby carriage and life support technology and you've put nvidia in your will/named your first born GeForce.

I have an RX580 8gb. 18.3.4 was badly broken for me with sea of thieves. Tons of driver crashes and lighting bugs on certain parts of the map. The new driver SEEMS to have rectified those issues.

HOWEVER:

MAJOR MAJOR Mouse stuttering and lag is caused. There *IS* a seemingly effective workaround: Turn on mouse trails. Turning on or off Enhance Pointer Precision didn't fix a damned thing for me, mouse trails DID.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment..._1841_release/

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I'm an Nvida guy and although I love the cards I try to wait for drivers because sometime they can cause problems. Whenever they put up a new one I head to two forums where some uber nerds start a thread for each new driver. I'm sure you can find some for your drivers and get real time information on any issues.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When you install driver update, do not use Express install, no matter AMD or NVIDIA. Always, use clean install option or remove old drivers completely manually and then install new drivers manually.

A closed mouth gathers no foot jerry's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    When you install driver update, do not use Express install, no matter AMD or NVIDIA. Always, use clean install option or remove old drivers completely manually and then install new drivers manually.
    I don’t see how this is relevant? There’s a bug in the driver. A clean install can not, does not, will not rectify.

Crap I sound like green eggs and ham.

Anyhoo.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_jerry View Post
    I don’t see how this is relevant? There’s a bug in the driver. A clean install can not, does not, will not rectify.

Crap I sound like green eggs and ham.

Anyhoo.
    It may not be relevant for this specific bug but most issues after driver update are specifically coming because of Express install. I've seen plenty of NVIDIA bug reports over the past few years, while I never had any of those bugs due that I was simply always performing clean install. Just worth trying out...