Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default multiple kicks

Howdy AOD.

I love your servers, especially the meatgrinder, it reminds me of our IO way back in BF2.

I did have a couple of incidents just now I wanted to get some clarity on, FTR this has never happened before on one of your servers.

The server is AOD Stomping Grounds All maps east
    At ~9:50am I was kicked from a squad by SheWolf. I asked why in chat but was never given a response.
    A few minutes later ~10:05am I was totally kicked from the server "to make room for an admin".

This has never happened to me on an AOD server. This has happened multiple times on lower class clan servers like SEC8 (where I only play if the IMA guys are there first). Is this a new policy, or is this just the first time its happened to me?

I can't believe it is for anything I did, I'm a Christian and I rarely say anything in Voip or text that could be offensive. I'm also a med-whore wanna-be and I revive like no-bodies business. So, just wanted to see if it was a rare occurrence.

Appreciate the competitive servers.
    If this thread should be somewhere else please move it as needed.

Sam

Not all who wander are lost. AOD Member AOD_SpikeTsu's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    New World
    Status
    Active

Heya Dr_SamCarter! Nothing you did - I can assure you! SheWolf was just making room in the squad for another AOD. Most of the time I say something in squad chat, but sometimes you're just in a hurry.

As far as the other kick... yeah, that's a random one and it is unfortunate. When the server is full and an admin joins, it kicks a player at random to make room for the admin. Sucks, but I don't think we can turn that off.

Sorry this happened, especially after the squad thing!
    Honor with service those who serve with honor.

I dreamt I ate a 5 pound marshmellow. Woke up and my pillow was gone.
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    New World
    Status
    Active

Yes it's not uncommon if there's an AOD clan member that wants to squad up with other clan mates they'll remove pubs from the squad. It's nothing personal just friends wanting to play together. I'm sure if there were 4 IMA guys in a squad and you joined, they'd kick someone to make room for you in the squad. Like Spike said we usually try to warn or give a heads up but it's not 100%.

On the other note... that is a HUGE issue we're having with EA/DICE and their implementation of aggressive join for admins. Anytime a server admin joins a full server, it will randomly kick someone to make room for them. AND WE CANNOT TURN IT OFF!! And trust me, we're more upset about it than you! It randomly kicks AOD members too so don't feel too special ;)
    Most admins try to join between rounds to minimize the chance of booting someone having a good round. Definitely a pain when there's an 8 person que to get back in too. ]

We as a clan appreciate our pubs and regulars. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me on here or add me on Origin @ RedGuardAOD

Hope to see you on the battlefield!
    "I went through so many of those phones when I was a Twizzler cook!" -235Nuke

Knee High to a Worms Ass *=IMA=*Dr_SamCarter's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_RedGuard View Post
    We as a clan appreciate our pubs and regulars. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me on here or add me on Origin @ RedGuardAOD
    Ah ok, cool. Thanks for the quick replies!

Carter