Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Hicks View Post
    I will give you that. The imperials in rebels show are pretty stupid. I kinda expected that as a normal storm trooper (in white) because thats how I tend to view them. They can never hit anything, they can be mind trick by an old man, and they are not that smart generally speaking. However, when it came to the Dark Troopers, they totally wasted them and made them like storm troopers level of dum. As for death there has been death in the show. Its just a lot of it is just background characters.
    Spoiler
    Stormtroopers, Two imperial officers in the first season, the inquistor in the season finale. Rebels were destroyed in the beginning of season two thanks to Vader (space ship battle). Three inquistors in the 2nd season, Darth Maul death in 3rd season, The captain guy (who I cant remember the name right now), half of rebel fleet in season 3 were wiped. Season 4 had alot of death in the mandalorian clan (beginning of the season), Theres Kanan's death, Gregor death. Annddd.... I know I am properly forgetting a few... But thats the most I remember

I do see Ezra and Kanan kinda like Kota and Starkiller. But I didnt reallly like the force unleashed that much. It was a fun game, but the story was pretty stupid in that. In rebels I feel like the characters fit better. Starkiller in the force unleashed was an all powerful and mighty god that even vader cant control him very much. I just can't see vader being beaten by this child so easily. Especially since this is between episode 3 and 4 which imo doesnt fit for me. Like why take the child as your secret apprentice, only then to not use him and basically throw him aside like trash. (because they have to make it where vader is still palptaine's apprentice to fit the films) If he didn't actually need him, just kill him instead of just leaving him alive. Whats even more confusing is in the sequel game, why make a starkiller clone when vader failed to use starkiller in the first place. Just makes vader really underwhelming and kinda stupid. With Ezra, sure hes somewhat annoying, and a bit strong with the force, but hes no match for vader. Vader does not care about taking Ezra, since he was pretty much a weak jedi to him. He would've been dead if Vader was really trying or if there was nothing there to distract him. Kanan I feel like hes so much better than kota. Kota is some random jedi general whos been the leader of the army for this private militia instead of the clones. However he just doesn't seem like someone you could relate to. And sure both kanan and Kota follow similar stuff. Both are drinkers, fallen out of the ways of the jedi, and they teach their padawan the ways of the force in their own way. However I didn't feel that emotion connection with that Kota character unlike Kanan. Kanan struggles, and you see his progression from a smuggler into a jedi knight like how he was suppose to. And I like the dynamic that both Kanan and Ezra had, because they needed each other to progress into their roles. while I feel like Kota didnt really progress anything. He was a General, temporarily took a break, and he came back to where he started.

As for the later seasons of the clone wars, I am aware that the later seasons do get better according to literary everyone on the internet. I only saw maybe 2 or 3 episodes of the last season of the clone wars. I honestly didn't feel the need to go back and watch the rest because I honestly just feel like its a time waster for me. I liked Ashoka better in star wars rebels than I do in the clone wars. And I am not a ashoka fan. I thought they did her right for me. As for hating disney, I grew up watching alot of Disney movies, so maybe I am a bit Disney fan. However I did not exactly enjoy the last jedi. Its got decent moments in the last jedi, but theres alot of issues with the movie. I didnt like the whole Finn and Rose part of the flim, and I feel like it should have been left out to make room for Luke, Rey, and Kylo story more.

As for the prequels. I grew up watching them. When I was younger I use to like them. Mostly just for lightsaber action and the battle themes. Other wise I didn't care about anything else in the movies. The two prequel films, episode 1 and 2, I only liked those films for the lightsaber action. Other wise I was bored out of my mind for the rest of it. Revenge of the Sith was easily the best because it was actually during a war and it felt like Star Wars that time around. No more holding back with the story. Which I feel like the first two prequels Lucas was holding back alot of story he wanted to tell personally due to "being a children's movie" as he likes to call it. So he pushes alot of politics aspect of the prequels, which brings some interesting ideas, but the execution was awful. I can nit pack about the prequels all day long, but point being I only enjoyed those for the action kind of films, not so much on story or character development.

As for Post Return of the Jedi era (I'm amusing the EU), I am never a books person, never have and never will. I do know there's like over 100 different star wars books out there that tells a fuck ton of background stuff. Before the movies, between the movies, and after the movies. I would much prefer to see them on tv or in a movie so I can get the picture better. Mostly what I know base on the EU stuff is from star wars video games. Ex: Shadows of the Empire, Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast, Knights of the Old Republic, The clone wars video game )the 2003 video game( and so on.
    well I guess that would be the main difference in perspective, I suppose the prequels are just more about plot and less about constant fighting and or running from bigger badder enemies, like disney wants to try with it's awful trilogy.

about the rebels show, all due respect but I don't exactly think you can really see the full picture and make a choice on liking something better or worse on something like Ahsoka when you haven't seen all of her exploits in something like the clone wars. I guess I just respectfully disagree with your opinion and a different understanding of lore and etc...

Knee High to a Worms Ass RepJunkieJr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sounds good!

'Tis but a scratch! HellsFortune's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i liked TCW, i semi-hated rebels, the only good thing that came out of it is thrawn is canon, i hated how it ended with him tho ;o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12