If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! DeMichieli's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Oculus Rift issue

One of my Rift screens stopped working, The other one works fine. I have tried reinstalling the drivers as well as replugging and restarting my computer. Has anyone had an issue similar to this and been able to fix it. I opened a ticket with Oculus but from what I have read they are slow to reply. I would really like to buy another rift.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Have you checked the HDMI cable connected into the headset? Remove the cover and unplug and plug back cable into the headset. I had similar issues but both screens were blacking out for me cause the cable was loose.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    Have you checked the HDMI cable connected into the headset? Remove the cover and unplug and plug back cable into the headset. I had similar issues but both screens were blacking out for me cause the cable was loose.
    That was actually the first thing I checked. A buddy of mine had that exact issue, sadly no luck on that. I also discovered I can't drive in I racing without VR haha, I have only been playing it that way...

Knee High to a Worms Ass NemoDaFish's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DeMichieli View Post
    One of my Rift screens stopped working, The other one works fine. I have tried reinstalling the drivers as well as replugging and restarting my computer. Has anyone had an issue similar to this and been able to fix it. I opened a ticket with Oculus but from what I have read they are slow to reply. I would really like to buy another rift.
    Hey AOD Brother, Just thought this information might help, I was helping out a friend who had a similar issue where his left display wasn't working and he updated his Nvidia GPU and used the used the oculus compatibility tool which is found in this article: How to Fix Oculus Rift No Video Issue good luck & let us know what fixes it!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also, there is a new firmware update for Oculus. That might also help.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thank you guys for the replies, I am going to give it a shot. Oculus support basically told me I was SOL because I dont have the receipt anymore. They offered me a refurbished headset for 250 (lol) so I turned them down on that. I hope these might fix it. If not I will be without an Oculus for a bit.