Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Opinions on the gtx 1050?

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_YellowPheaver View Post
    ok i checked and both ww2 and bf1 were on the ssd, but i was thinking that the ssd might be the problem, but it wasnt so now bf1 is back on the hdd for now.... this shit is pissing me off.. might be the time for a full upgrade to either intel or ryzen
    Battlefield games take a while to load into regardless. Even on my SSD it takes a minute.

Not sure about WWII. Haven’t really played a CoD game since CoD4 promod.

Make sure your motherboard bios and drivers are up to date. Could also try a different sata port on the motherboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! ANDEbad's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Best bet tbh is a fresh install of windows and I would toss the os and the games you play the most on that SSD since you only have one put all your extra crap on a HDD. Switching between several different cards and driver installs plus moving apps around like that I'm sure that registry is a mess. You can try CCleaner but if it's been awhile since a fresh install I would cut my losses and get a clean os on there at least then you would know if the problem was your hardware or an issue with the software. You have to properly maintain an os spending 5 mins cleaning out your temp folder, downloads folder, seeing all that's installed and removing things you don't use and configuring all the apps that start when you boot can go a long way in the speed and responsiveness of windows. Service editing and using powershell to remove windows components also helps but I wouldn't mess with it unless you know what your doing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Opinions on the gtx 1050?

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ANDEbad View Post
    Best bet tbh is a fresh install of windows and I would toss the os and the games you play the most on that SSD since you only have one put all your extra crap on a HDD. Switching between several different cards and driver installs plus moving apps around like that I'm sure that registry is a mess. You can try CCleaner but if it's been awhile since a fresh install I would cut my losses and get a clean os on there at least then you would know if the problem was your hardware or an issue with the software. You have to properly maintain an os spending 5 mins cleaning out your temp folder, downloads folder, seeing all that's installed and removing things you don't use and configuring all the apps that start when you boot can go a long way in the speed and responsiveness of windows. Service editing and using powershell to remove windows components also helps but I wouldn't mess with it unless you know what your doing.

Pretty sure the temp folder is included in the disk cleanup utility. Also hit the button within disk cleanup that says “clean up system files”.

I personally wouldn’t touch the registry unless you still have issues after troubleshooting.

Start at the sata connectors and work your way to the software. There are methods to troubleshooting, and the physical layer is where you start first if you don’t know what’s causing the problem. If it’s a hardware issue you can load whatever OS you want on it as many times as you want and you’ll still have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_YellowPheaver View Post
    ok i checked and both ww2 and bf1 were on the ssd, but i was thinking that the ssd might be the problem, but it wasnt so now bf1 is back on the hdd for now.... this shit is pissing me off.. might be the time for a full upgrade to either intel or ryzen
    Do a step by step upgrade. I've been building my PC for 2 years by upgrading parts one by one. You look for best deals and sales, buy the new part, sell your old part. That way it does not break your wallet right away and you save a lot of money by buying parts on good sales.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! ANDEbad's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also I did a little digging cod ww2 has had huge issues with memory leaks and hogs alot of pagefile as well which is more than likely on your hdd. So even though your game is on the SSD it's trying to preload alot of data into your pagefile on your mechanical drive. You can change your page file location in advanced system settings. With 16gb of ram you could lower it by quite a bit tbh.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ANDEbad View Post
    Also I did a little digging cod ww2 has had huge issues with memory leaks and hogs
    Disabling NDU helps to prevent that. You really don't need NDU. It's useless and has been causing many issues since Windows 8.

Divorces Suk cant wait for mine to be finished YellowPheaver's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

ok thanks guys can always count on you guys for help, and this just started today, every youtube vid starts on 480p lmao idk why just odd, plus the vid is a little laggy also, and with bo4 coming out i was downloading blizzard again, and i was getting a whole 2 mb/s tops lol, i swear issue after issue, im about to just say fuck it and start all over again and do a full upgrade

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

For hardware nerds, like many here, step by step upgrading is an ongoing thing we are always tweaking our machines to get the best performance per dollar spent. If this is a challenge to you I would just It seems to me that spending money on low end parts will not yield the results you want and will be just a waste. Save your money and build a machine that will serve your needs today and will have room to grow.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_VVoody_87th's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

What Duke said.

It's about price performance ratio. Buying on the low end is never a good idea and buying on the high end is only if you have excess cash burning a hole in your pocket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123