Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue FogXGunner's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

ive got a 1080Ti currently and its working perfectly for 1440p 144hz. . I was looking at the 2080Ti but only if i'm going to make the Jump to 4k .

I really would like to get to the point where 4k 144hz HDR is a thing and then i am all over a monitor upgrade like a bad smell. BUT i need to see 2080Ti benchmarks with 4k resolutions before i pull any triggers on a monitor upgrade and new GPU.

I dont want to go out Buy a 4k monitor and then find myself chugging and barely able to hold 60 fps.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Resident56's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

1080 to 2080 upgrade is a nice boost. If you already have a 1080 Ti it seems like the only upgrade path is for the 2080 Ti.

Damn these prices though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Save the whales. Collect the whole set MightyDWC's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Just curious, but have you guys seen the benchmarks?

I'm sorry, but I will not pay $400-$500 more than I paid for my 1080ti ($900)for an extra 15-20 fps, RTX or not.

I'm not saying it's NOT a good card, but why on earth would Nvidia NOT put these numbers out there at their key note?

I'll run my 1080ti into the ground and buy one of these when they are cheaper :(

/rant off

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Rtx 2070-2080 TI

Can’t say I didn’t call it before. This is why you don’t preorder.

Only gains are in 2k (negligible) and 4K (better). I could care less about 4k.

I’m gonna go buy 2x1080ti’s now for the price of 1 2080ti. The games that will actually have ray tracing will support SLI anyway...whenever that may be. BF5 just got pushed back to late November.

/sarcastic rant over.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I was very disappointed in benchmark results seeing that RTX 2080 is on par with GTX 1080Ti.
    However, there are a couple things to note:
    1) there are no benchmarks yet with DLSS out there. There are a lot of games that will support DLSS. So far officially 25+ games were announced
    2) the performance in VR is much better for RTX cards

So, with that said, at first I got really disappointed in seeing RTX 2080 on par with GTX 1080Ti. However, I am looking to upgrade my GTX 1070 mostly because I play games in VR exclusively. So, once I saw how well RTX 2080 performs in VR (much better than GTX 1080Ti) I realized that I will upgrade to RTX 2080.

I will wait until prices settle down. Besides all AIB boards are using reference boards. So, it's pointless to jump on the RTX line now. Wait until AIB come out with custom boards.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

VR performance benchmarks look a lot better: https://hothardware.com/reviews/nvid...locking?page=4

I think NVIDIA rushed the drivers and need some update

That's all I care ;-)
    Last edited by ZED; 09-21-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    VR performance benchmarks look a lot better: https://hothardware.com/reviews/nvid...locking?page=4

That's all I care ;-)
    For sure man. There are benefits to the RTX cards. I just wish they weren’t so freaking expensive. We’ve had a pretty linear upgrade path since like the GTX 680 with the introduction of the 780ti and pricing being pretty decent. This is the first year that they took a huge leap in price. THAT is what I’m disappointed about.

I understand this is potentially cutting edge with ray tracing... but we have no games that support RT at launch...which is meh.

Time will tell. If anything, I’ll be able to snag a 1080ti or two and have a beast setup for a while at 2k/165hz.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post
    For sure man. There are benefits to the RTX cards. I just wish they weren’t so freaking expensive. We’ve had a pretty linear upgrade path since like the GTX 680 with the introduction of the 780ti and pricing being pretty decent. This is the first year that they took a huge leap in price. THAT is what I’m disappointed about.

I understand this is potentially cutting edge with ray tracing... but we have no games that support RT at launch...which is meh.

Time will tell. If anything, I’ll be able to snag a 1080ti or two and have a beast setup for a while at 2k/165hz.

Ray tracing is one thing but the DLSS IMHO is far more important. That's where the true performance is. We just need to wait for game devs begin to update their games with DLSS. https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-dlss-supported-games

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post
    Can’t say I didn’t call it before. This is why you don’t preorder.

Only gains are in 2k (negligible) and 4K (better). I could care less about 4k.

I’m gonna go buy 2x1080ti’s now for the price of 1 2080ti. The games that will actually have ray tracing will support SLI anyway...whenever that may be. BF5 just got pushed back to late November.

/sarcastic rant over.

Good call. I'm debating on going 1070ti sli. Should be on par with 2080ti easily in games that scale well. I only really play AAA titles so I shouldn't have a ton of issues. For $65 more CAD after I sell my 1070ti I can go 2080 tho and have no issues, but less performance. More consistent performance tho. I really wish I didn't downgrade from my 1080ti in anticipation for these cards now that they are way overpriced. I wish there was at least a game or two or some benchmarks to show benefits of DLSS. DLSS is going to be the biggest benefit of these cards IMO since it's looking like ray tracing isn't going to be usable past 1080p.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    I was very disappointed in benchmark results seeing that RTX 2080 is on par with GTX 1080Ti.
    However, there are a couple things to note:
    1) there are no benchmarks yet with DLSS out there. There are a lot of games that will support DLSS. So far officially 25+ games were announced
    2) the performance in VR is much better for RTX cards

So, with that said, at first I got really disappointed in seeing RTX 2080 on par with GTX 1080Ti. However, I am looking to upgrade my GTX 1070 mostly because I play games in VR exclusively. So, once I saw how well RTX 2080 performs in VR (much better than GTX 1080Ti) I realized that I will upgrade to RTX 2080.

I will wait until prices settle down. Besides all AIB boards are using reference boards. So, it's pointless to jump on the RTX line now. Wait until AIB come out with custom boards.
    Strix and MSI Gaming X trio are definitely not reference PCB. Lower end cards like Gigabyte WF and MSI duke are reference PCB. Gaming X cards have had the best fans on the market for years now. No questions if I went RTX it would be the trio.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HOODedDutchman View Post
    Strix and MSI Gaming X trio are definitely not reference PCB. Lower end cards like Gigabyte WF and MSI duke are reference PCB. Gaming X cards have had the best fans on the market for years now. No questions if I went RTX it would be the trio.
    EVGA, Zotac and others use reference PCB::

https://youtu.be/SlmK2rWGDyM?t=6m2s

https://youtu.be/SlmK2rWGDyM?t=4m28s

Save the whales. Collect the whole set MightyDWC's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah the EVGA card takes 2.75 slots because of the the cooler, and it only had a 10 degree difference in temp at load.

Like I said, I'm not knocking the RTX cards. And to echo ZED, give the AIB 's a chance to make their own changes and tweeks, because they all are using the same board as the founders.

Okay, Now it's time to make a statement. MysticXX's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Definitely going to wait this one out a bit, I was going to get one but...now that I see the benchmarks and have no interest in VR I'm more tempted than anything to just slot in another 1070 with my current one and chug along with that since the prices are falling on used stock...plus I just got the new iPhone so. Not looking to drop 2k on tech in the same month lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123