Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon6 The Balanced Blade rebrand request

Hey guys, I have recently been signed on as a games journalist for a website called Drop the Spotlight. In preparation for this job, I have decided that I want to re-brand myself as an individual on Twitch, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook ect ect, and I was wondering if you guys could help me build this re-brand. Otherwise I would need to pay someone out there for this re-brand so any help would be grand.

With that said, here is my Re-brand Idea.

The channel will be called "The Balanced Blade". It will have heavy influences from medieval chivalry and Monty Python's The Holy Grail.

I will be calling myself "Godfrey" and the community or viewers will be referred to as the Templars.

What I'm looking for is-

Icon or logo- The Icon idea I have is like a wax sealed stamp in red wax on parchment incorporating some things like,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71IH0rt2UTL.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	231.2 KB 
ID:	37643

Name:	ouroboros.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	37644

Name:	0f9b0c91870f85eeaa690ba062d94248.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	37645

Or anything along these lines that you can come up with. This icon will double over as Godfrey's blessing on games that earn such a stamp and praise.

Splash art- The splash art I have in my head (but unfortunately I am not talented enough to actually get the idea on paper) Is basically a Knight kneeling with his hand on the hilt of his blade.
    The blade itself is rather well kept but is bloody and the cross guard is a standard winged cross guard. The hilt would be the icon from above but branded in the hilts brass.
    The type of helmet itself doesn't much matter but I'd rather have something less like the standard bucket helmet and more like the listed references below.

Blade- The blade should be a single handed sword that, when stuck in the ground, would be slightly below his head level when kneeling. something like below. The inscriptions along the blade can be anything cheeky as a gaming joke like idk, "In Gaben we trust!" or something in latin like,

Vitam Impendere Vero – ‘Dedicate your life to truth.’

Nunquam obliviscar Nunquam propitius eris - 'never forget, never forgive.' (as a direct reference to triple a gaming and its BS sometimes)

Caveat Emptor – ‘Let the buyer beware.’

superius et inferius - 'upper and lower' or 'as above so below'

Or anything else you can find that fits the bill. this kind of stuff can be put elsewhere like in the logo and on the armor as well.

Name:	K00900CHCN__04796.1391814904.1280.1280.jpg 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	37651

Helmet-

Name:	germa_sallet_helmet_helm_b.jpg 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	37646

Name:	image-service (1).jpg 
Size:	298.0 KB 
ID:	37647

Name:	image-service.jpg 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	37648

the bottom half of the face can be anything really, like a judge dread scowl of maybe a scarred mouth as if his mouth had been sowed shut as some point but is no longer.

armor- The armor in particular would be really cool because I would like to work in some cheeky jokes into it. The chest plate would be taking inspiration from this here.

Name:	f0b054e06cec6031fd6dee5f90392ca9.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	37649

Most importantly here is the text parchment attached to the breastplate. I imagine a parchment attached to the chest with with a long list of games on it that rolls down off picture, specifically terrible games with their names scratched out as it goes down.
    Examples would be: Fallout 76, Ride to hell: retribution, duke nukem: forever, Mindjack, The walking dead, no man's sky (though that's debatable these days), The Quiet man, Agony, Aliens: Colonial Marines. There should be no explanation for this list of scratched names, given people who know their stuff in gaming will get the inside joke. You could also do one for games that have abandoned steam for epic as well.
    The armpit shields can be anything really or taken out all together. Behind him can be fire or a wartorn battlefield or whatever. This splash art would be for the youtube and twitch headers so it needs to be rather big.

Youtube and twitch footnote tags- can be anything really, just Medieval inspired. Maybe a read hot sword with whatever twitch panel name branded into it. Note tabs like below.

Name:	d7f4ill-14c4de2c-f85d-4a54-aa2e-3af7d3089b0a.png 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	37650

Color Pallet- go wild with it if you like but my thoughts are blacks and whites and red and metallic colors.

I'm fully aware that this is a pretty big undertaking but it would be appreciated greatly, all credit will be given to it's creator. Let me know if your down for this!

Until next time Templars, strike true!
    Last edited by Godfrey; 06-25-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thread closed, artist no longer needed.