Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blueresto View Post
Nice. I have a small server rack set up in my master closet. There's a guy who runs a small computer shop locally that has a lot of older server gear for super cheap. I use these for various things but primarily for my plex server, steam box (I've got steam links on all the tv's in the house for the kids), and I've been toying with pfSense.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Nice rack ;)

I have more server equipment than I'd like to admit and will be doing something extremely similar. I don't have room for it to be setup anywhere until I move, which should be soon.
2x Dell poweredges (i think they're only a couple gens old)
1-2x HP servers, not sure of model.
2x 48 port switches - Netgear.
1x patch panel 16 port or 24 port patch panel.
More that I can't think of right now. It's all been in storage for a few months.

I'll have to go to the garage and see what the models are. But they're in very good condition and are relatively new. I think I priced everything out to be around $7k-10k used.

Thinking about this network rack because of a setup using it I saw on reddit. If I find the picture, I'll post the setup:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

My plan is to network connect all of my TV's, run plex and onsite storage (I have roughly 10TB of storage) for backups and home media, and eventually have emulators setup to where you can basically play whatever old console games you want from anywhere in the house. As well as backups for my computers, adblock filter for the entire network, etc. It'll be a long WIP, but worth it.