Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits. Styrgis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Living room gaming you say? Is that because office gaming is where "the shit gets real?"

Can I have your Tots Exile_Acid's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

"Living room gaming" is the sit back on the sofa and use a controller kind of gaming, so single player and rocket league XD

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits. Styrgis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nice

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Couple of years old. Nothing special, and I don't go crazy with RGB.

Case: Fractal Define S
    Processor: i5-8400 Coffee Lake 6 Core
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 80+ Gold 750w
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070Ti DUKE
    MOBO: ASRock Z370 Xtreme4
    Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    HDD: Toshiba 1TB
    Keyboard: Microsoft SidewinderX4
    Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical
    Gamepad: Razer TartarusV2

I've had the mouse since 2012 and the keyboard for even longer, so I'm upgrading both within the next month. Currently thinking G-Wolves Skoll or Razer Viper for the mouse, and Hexgears Impulse or Razer Huntsman for the keyboard, with other options in the periphery as well. We'll see!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC Desk.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	38421

Name:	PC Side.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	38422

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Spuntron View Post
    Currently thinking G-Wolves Skoll or Razer Viper for the mouse, and Hexgears Impulse or Razer Huntsman for the keyboard, with other options in the periphery as well. We'll see!
    I'd do yourself a favor and stay away from Razer.

I decided to switch back when I was on the fence for a mouse and was severely disappointed with the quality of a mouse that I paid over $100 USD for. Returned it and went to a different brand.

Razer keyboards are built like tanks. And sound like tanks every time you hit a key. I lean towards MX Red and Brown switches. But it's all personal preference. All I know is that I can't stand when I'm talking to someone in Skype or something and I hear crackling on the other side. Obviously this isn't a Razer thing. I digress. Their silent series isn't as bad.

Also, be careful with Razer keyboards and Synapse. Their own software bricked 2 of my Blackwidows back in the day and their support was less than helpful. I fixed one of them on my own but the other was just gone. $140 down the drain and hours of my time wasted on fixing the first one.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Gladeeyator6's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC GAMING
    MOBO: ASUS TUF X470-Plus Gaming
    Ram: DDR4/3200MHz Memory (GEIL Super Luce RGB)
    SSD: 1TB Intel(R) 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Gladeeyator6's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

pic wont upload

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post
    I'd do yourself a favor and stay away from Razer.

I decided to switch back when I was on the fence for a mouse and was severely disappointed with the quality of a mouse that I paid over $100 USD for. Returned it and went to a different brand.

Razer keyboards are built like tanks. And sound like tanks every time you hit a key. I lean towards MX Red and Brown switches. But it's all personal preference. All I know is that I can't stand when I'm talking to someone in Skype or something and I hear crackling on the other side. Obviously this isn't a Razer thing. I digress. Their silent series isn't as bad.

Also, be careful with Razer keyboards and Synapse. Their own software bricked 2 of my Blackwidows back in the day and their support was less than helpful. I fixed one of them on my own but the other was just gone. $140 down the drain and hours of my time wasted on fixing the first one.
    I typically do avoid most Razer products, particularly headsets. When I bought my Roccat in 2012, I actually ordered a DeathAdder first, but it shipped with a janky scroll wheel right out of the box so I sent it back and went with the Roccat. I've been considering the new Razer Viper and Huntsman because they're both reviewing very well among reviewers I've come to trust. To Razer's credit, they did create the best mouse I've ever owned (the OG Diamondback in the mid-2000s)

That said, I've pretty much decided to opt for the G-Wolves Skoll and Hexgears Impulse anyway.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! CrazyJoe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Finally got mine watercooled after playing with systems for years. I went WAAAAAYYYY overboard on this thing ... and didn't end up getting divorced. So I'll avoid the 2080ti I've been eyeing .... for at least a little while. Name:  Thumbs_up.gif
Views: 243
Size:  834 Bytes

Name:	CrazyJoe_System_001.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	38509 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrazyJoe_System_002.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	38510

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Gilbbs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

it doesnt matter what they look like. its your computer. my first one was trash and had horrible wiring. had to build another to figure it all out

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_SoFlaDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Z370 Aorus MoBo. RTX 3070 8GB, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9700K CPU @ 3.70GHz OC to 4.7 GH.
    Corsair H80i liquid cooler. 32GB Viper Patriot 2666Mhz RAM. Corsair M65 RBG Elite mouse
    [/IMG]

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Spuntron View Post
    I typically do avoid most Razer products, particularly headsets. When I bought my Roccat in 2012, I actually ordered a DeathAdder first, but it shipped with a janky scroll wheel right out of the box so I sent it back and went with the Roccat. I've been considering the new Razer Viper and Huntsman because they're both reviewing very well among reviewers I've come to trust. To Razer's credit, they did create the best mouse I've ever owned (the OG Diamondback in the mid-2000s)

That said, I've pretty much decided to opt for the G-Wolves Skoll and Hexgears Impulse anyway.
    From my personal experience, Razer was a totally different beast in the early 2000's. Back then it was only Razer and Logitech. You were one or the other.

In this day and age, companies are only loyal to their share holders and not to their customers' experience. I personally feel like Razer sold out around the time the original Blackwidow came out.

With that said, it is all personal preference and my experience with them may differ completely from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CrazyJoe View Post
    Finally got mine watercooled after playing with systems for years. I went WAAAAAYYYY overboard on this thing ... and didn't end up getting divorced. So I'll avoid the 2080ti I've been eyeing .... for at least a little while. Name:  Thumbs_up.gif
Views: 243
Size:  834 Bytes

Name:	CrazyJoe_System_001.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	38509 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrazyJoe_System_002.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	38510
    I've always been a fan of that case. Nice build.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Heychadwick's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I just ordered a new gaming rig last night! I didn't have a lot of cash and I used my brother's Lenovo Employee discount, but I managed to afford a decent gaming rig that I would've had to spend a lot of time to try to find something better for cheaper and had to build it myself. I wanted a better video card, but the sales were not there:

C530 with NVIDIA RTX 2060 Graphics - Normally $1650, but I got it for $960

● Processor: 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9700 Processor (3.0GHz, up to 4.70GHz with Turbo Boost, 12MB Cache)
    ● Memory: 16.0GB DDR4 2666MHz
    ● Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM+512GB PCIe SSD
    ● Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB

Says it will be here tomorrow?!?!? Fantastic.

I'll take pictures when it arrives. I'll also need a new monitor, but I'll get better prices around Black Friday.

Two Things: Dont touch my percocets...And do you have any percocets PaTcH9863's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

office/game room

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PaTcH9863 View Post
    office/game room

What kind of photos are you developing?

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! HellKatzX's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Name:	IMG_0864.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	683.2 KB 
ID:	38654

New case, cleaned things up. i7-8700k, evga 2070 black, nzxt h510i, Razer Basilisk, Steelseries Arctis 5, Dell S2716DGF (right), Asus VG248qe (left)

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I FGELeader's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Toms's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

I envy some of you classy folks. My setup wasn't geto, just not flashy. I am working in a small space. I did have a dual screen setup, I just use my phone now to watch twitch or something on the side.

NZXT H510 case
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
    Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
    16 gb Ripjaw 3200
    Samsung 510gb SSD
    Asus ROG B450-F
    Corair 700w bronze or something.

Just got the Razor Deathadder 5/7, was using G400, 5/7. I mean, they all roll right when you set them up. I hate these proprietary driver softwares with these mice. I used the Intellimouse 3.0 or Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, those are great. Not the new Intellimouse Legendary Edition, the classic one's. Those were fantastic. 400dpi 500hz polling usually works, maybe have to change polling if mouse stutter happens. 7/11 Windows mouse driver setting. Like, you have to setup 2 mouse driver softwares, it's silly. Once you get it right, it's usually not a prob. The padding on the bottom of the mouse depends on a lot of issues.. The Intellimouse Explorer Pro Dark Shadow was bad, I just felt the plastic rolling, I sent it back. The sensor was great through.

Logi G432 headset, it's fantastic, 10/10. I've been going through headsets, Logitechs fantastic... They're all pretty nice, Hyper X Cloud's have the next rating. However, Wired is the way to go for higher sampling rates if you're playing above 48k with spatial or something. I play in 96khz and really enjoy the HD audio. Wireless headsets usually go up to 48k and are great, just ended up with the G432's for $60, I can't complain. I stepped into audiophilia, learned A LOT. General frequency response is 20k, some people may enjoy higher rates, on into hypersonic or sparkle. I had experience Planar Magnetic... If you step up to Planar Magnetic you will enjoy a must more 3-Dimension sound stage experience, where regular/typical dynamic drivers have a bit more 2-Dimensional sound (even with surround sim).

Nothin fancy. :/

Name:	20191203_160647.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	38712

It's like in this cubby hole in my room, idk why it exists... This rooms design is crap.. A tapestry or poster may bring it together... I look at rugs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	703.7 KB 
ID:	38711  
    Last edited by AOD_Toms; 12-03-2019 at 04:17 PM.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Toms's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

(My bad) Acer XF240H 24" 144hz 1ms screen.. I've had this screen since 2015, it's superb. I've had the VG248, VG279, LG 4k UL600 or w/e, as far as budget screens go this is VA(Near IPS) 1ms Adaptive sync. I thought it was buggy, it was AMD's GPU's drivers. I was on a R9 390, RX 570, Vega 56 and 5700xt. I'm on an 2070 S now and it's performing.. I thought it was my screen, I was able to return the VG279 at the time and upgrade my processor from a R7 2700 3.2ghz to an R7 3800x at 3.9ghz-4.6ghz.... Substantial upgrade. So it worked out.

AMD is working on the drivers for the 5700 XT. I'm suprised they pushed out a product with so many issues... I was scouring the internet and people were trying to help me.. Like anything and everything before I took it back for the 2070 S.

Experiencing OPULENCE. I am happy.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XFA240-b...84433830&psc=1

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Exodus2224's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Name:	EI4fJlxU0AALgXn.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	38721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crop_56764393_2275234402496799_3595993494931374080_n.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	38722

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast