Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default "Upgrade"....

Hi guys!

I like technology, but I'm not too smart when it comes to it. So every time I have a question, I know where to resort - only forums I ever use - AOD forums ;)

I've been "gaming" on a 270 euro PC for past 4 years and it's been a struggle. I played only chosen titles that my PC could "support". I saved up money from time to time, but I had to spend it on real life stuff, and PC parts were never on the to do list.
    But now I've become almost desperate for any kind of improvement. Now, I know that you cannot really buy a mid range PC and expect it to run newer titles, but that's because I don't want it to. Only thing I want is to run War Thunder and few other older games properly. Mainly War Thunder. I've had it running on medium specs for most of the time and I get avg 30-40 fps, but with massive fps drops from time to time, and I noticed lately that my PC isn't even able to carry out tasks like having War Thunder and Google with few tabs open. It gets slow. Understandably though.

So I've gathered a "budget" of 450 euros which is at conversion rate roughly 500 USD. Yep, it's pretty poor budget but considering that, I only need it for my in-case + PC case itself. Monitor, peripherals are fine, it's only case and case content upgrade.

With that in mind, any parts/builds you could recommend? Prices over in USA and here aren't the same, tech here is rather pricey, but I still resorted to PCPartPicker for compatibility check. I've got this so far: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kf6XXP
    Now I know, the build isn't finished, but if you want, add the rest of the stuff, case, power supply... and if you think you can build a budget PC, well I challenge you :D

Any help, suggestions, thoughts are appreciated!

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck onypanda's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I threw a list together of some ideas: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yGP3fH . AMD is usually the way to go for budget builds. I switched to AMD because of that fact. Take a look at the Ryzen 3 3200g (https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar.../3921vsm824486). It is a cheaper processor with a little bit of an edge on the 1500x. The big draw backs are the lack of overclocking and 4 cores versus 8 threads. But it should still save you some money for other parts. Also, I would recommend looking at the Radeon 570 vs the GTX 1050ti. Radeon can usual get you the best bang for your buck at entry/mid level gaming: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...570/3649vs3924. Also, I threw in a 120GB SSD. I would recommend on if you dont have one. It can do wonders for boot and load times. When I first got one, I felt like I got a new PC. 120 GB is not a lot, but you can put your OS and your favorite games on it, then any other games or storage on the 500GB HDD.

You got a good start! Just keep doing your research and be on the look out for good deals!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Hunlight's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8yWDr6
    I tweaked some parts (like all xD sorry) went a littlebit over the budget but not too much I hope. this system should handle all nowadays games with 1080p medium settings at least ~ some games high settings of course. Go for it 100%. Choose parts I tested my self (using that cpu for 2 years now amazing piece) nice gpu much better than 1050ti (like +10-15~ fps for the same price) also 16gb ram believe me u will need it, u can drop to 8 if u think u wont but just stick to the 3000+ Mhz one as AMD cpu likes speed very much to the point of getting up to 20% more performance in some cases. Went for 240GB ssd for system + games u can go for hdd, will be slower but for similar price will get 1tb your choice but in 2019 I would never go for hdd xD
    Also this cpu is 12 threads 6 cores, which will help u out even if u decide to stream some ;).

Hope u will get an amazing rig soon, let us know when it happens ;)

I will have wood for May, but for June, I don't know. Banegejmer's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks a bunch both of you! I will look at the builds, and I knew it that this is the right place to ask! Thanks again!

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I SyncViews's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Banegejmer View Post
    So I've gathered a "budget" of 450 euros which is at conversion rate roughly 500 USD.
    I assume that is including VAT, guessing around 20% (€375 / $420)? Does pcpartpicker support your region directly?

I only need it for my in-case + PC case itself. Monitor, peripherals are fine, it's only case and case content upgrade.
    Can you not salvage any components? Case, disk drives, maybe RAM and PSU? Would you look at second hand?

If I was going for new Id try for a 1600 (depending on region, in some places only very slightly more than a 1500X) and a Radeon 570, 580 if at all possible.

Google with few tabs open.
    Browsers, especially Chrome have become a real resource hog unfortunately (lots of badly designed websites, and also some of the browser security enhancements over time). But 8GB RAM should be enough for now if need be, but if you go for that Id be sure to ensure you have spare MB slots to minimize future upgrade cost.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? PROx's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If using the same HDD/SDD, be prepared to transfer the Windows license to the new rig due to the new motherboard.

Sent from my iPhone XR using Tapatalk

I will have wood for May, but for June, I don't know. Banegejmer's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SyncViews View Post
    I assume that is including VAT, guessing around 20% (€375 / $420)? Does pcpartpicker support your region directly?

Can you not salvage any components? Case, disk drives, maybe RAM and PSU? Would you look at second hand?

If I was going for new Id try for a 1600 (depending on region, in some places only very slightly more than a 1500X) and a Radeon 570, 580 if at all possible.

Browsers, especially Chrome have become a real resource hog unfortunately (lots of badly designed websites, and also some of the browser security enhancements over time). But 8GB RAM should be enough for now if need be, but if you go for that Id be sure to ensure you have spare MB slots to minimize future upgrade cost.
    Hey there!

Pc part picker doesnt support my region, all I did was put amount of euros into converter/exchanger so it shows how much is it in USD

I don't think salvaging is good, most of the stuff inside is dated, I will probably sell the whole thing for cheap just so I can add maybe about 120 euros more to my budget, which gave me an idea haha

Apart from builds that I got on here, I will also contact my real life tech wizz friend, who may also help me with picking and assembling