Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day Lucifer's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_OlGr777 View Post
    It's pretty good fun if you get a balanced match. If you get an unbalanced one I didn't find it all that enjoyable, because the spawns are so awful it was just spawn-die-spawn-die-spawn-die with no chance to do anything. A few times I spawned in 2 foot away from an enemy.

Gunfight was really good fun, Ninety and I played a few rounds of that and that was good. The one where you have to capture a headquarters was probably my favourite, that was a lot of fun. I reckon Ground War would be great fun with a group of AOD, very reminiscent of Battlefield.

Ranking up was really good too, after every game you actually felt like you were progressing and I really liked the customisation for the guns.

Overall, for someone who's never played a CoD game online, I played about 2.5 hours and really enjoyed it. Certainly made me a bit more tempted to buy it than I was before.
    Nice man! A shame you didnt get to try out the 2v2 where you spawn with the same weapon as everyone else. Because the picking up weapons one isn't all that great in my opinion.

And yes the spawns are definitely a pain in the ass right now haha! Hoping its just in beta, nothing they can't fix anyway. Maybe you'd enjoy the PvE game modes that will launch with the game those are gonna be great!

Golf it! division request advocate Ninety's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I love it and definitely am buying the entire game. Had an absolute Blast with OlGr, then later on joined the folk in the COD channels for bigger matches with more coordination. I really did enjoy it

The only negative thing I can think about it is that there are so many folk just sitting in rooms, waiting for someone to come out of a door for example.
    That's literally it.

Looking forward to launch!

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day Lucifer's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ninety View Post
    I love it and definitely am buying the entire game. Had an absolute Blast with OlGr, then later on joined the folk in the COD channels for bigger matches with more coordination. I really did enjoy it

The only negative thing I can think about it is that there are so many folk just sitting in rooms, waiting for someone to come out of a door for example.
    That's literally it.

Looking forward to launch!
    I didn't get to play with you ninety! You gonna hop on for some gunfight later? I expect the realism mode to be available today when they remove gunfight 2v2.

Golf it! division request advocate Ninety's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Lucifer View Post
    I didn't get to play with you ninety! You gonna hop on for some gunfight later? I expect the realism mode to be available today when they remove gunfight 2v2.
    Yeah, I might be about later on today! Sounds intriguing!

It is bad luck to be superstitious. Ithil's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Overall the game is awesome and I'm hyped for release. Coming from a big shooter player I think the game feels fantastic but has massive flaws for the long run.

2v2 Gunfight is a very refreshing gamemode that will definitely be my favorite gamemode until they fix the balancing and spawns in the main mulitplayer.

The main problem I have with the current game (Beta) is the balancing. Every gun is viable and strong in its own rights, so you can argue the balancing is great, but that's not the problem.
    The real problem unfolds when you look at the Ground war 32v32 gamemode and even in the 10v10 mode. The assault rifles, SMGs and LMGs are extremely accurate and strong on long range.

Compare this to Battlefield where long range engagements with a AR or SMG are pretty much wasting bullets, in this game it's literally easier than getting a close range kill.
    Sniping is completely useless for this reason. Yes, you have the one shot kill potential which is great, but hitting someone 4 times with an AR is much easier and much faster.
    Besides you're also giving your position away when you use a sniper because of the completely unneeded flashlight.

Because of these long range engagements with ARs and SMGs it's almost suicide to run in an open field. You will simply die because the enemy can take you out from 50-100 meters easily.
    This results in a camper fiesta that gets quite boring and frustrating if you like fast paced gameplay.

Then there's the perks that allow you to be a total joke.
    Problematic perks in this game are Killchain, that allows you to get killstreaks by getting kills by killstreaks... With other words: All you need to do is get 5 kills to get your precision airstrike, which will give you the Harrier, which will give you the gunship. Do this every single time and congratulations; you played 70 in 4.

Another perk is Hardline that usually doesn't really form an issue, but in this game you can get a Personal Radar for just 2 kills! This means there's always at least 1 up at any given time, and so if you don't run Ghost you will ALWAYS be on the enemy mini map.

Then there's a perk that allows you to recharge your Lethal and Non-lethal equipment every 30 seconds. This is a pretty cool perk but when you combine this with the perk that gives you twice the ammount of lethals it becomes another camp fiesta. 2 claymores that recharge every 30 seconds... It has never been easier to camp, and never been harder to rush.

With the constant spam of killstreaks, and the 99 percent change you will die from a claymore when entering a building the game kind of forces you to play campy too. Walking out in the open is not possible in this game.

This is currently my problem with this otherwise perfect game. Fixes they could do is adjust the perks or remove them, adjust the killstreaks and costs, remove ghost from the game or only make it work while on the move.

The number 1 problem is just the quick TTK, which works amazingly at close range, it's fantastic. But at long range it's just way too fast and it feels very frustrating if you keep getting killed by someone who's sitting on some elevated platform and just has the drop on you every single time.

Overall, fantastic beta. 9/10. But for the release I hope they get some of these things fixed, and if that's the case this COD will last years. At least for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12