If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_BrianCore's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Default My computer likes to "alt-tab" my windows without me prompting it to

As the title says, my computer likes to do this and it's annoying the crap out of me. I would like to know what's causing it and how to fix it.

OS is Win 10.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Weakness's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

It's hard to troubleshoot without knowing your experience and background of the computer. Start with the notification center and turn off everything but whats necessary. i.e. system stuffs. I've also seen on a friends computer with dual monitors he would play in "windowed" fullscreen and when moving the mouse too far in a direction it was actually moving the mouse to the second screen. Once he clicked the mouse it would alt-tab him out of his game because the click was on something outside of the game screen.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would try going into settings, go down to multitasking, and turn tabs in apps off. This may or may not help, as i am not that familiar with windows 10.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy AOD Member AOD_IGeneralReaperI's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Dude! I am having the same issue. My screen will randomly minimize my BFV game and it's driving me mental as well. I'm also running WIN 10. On top of this, during my game play my game will escape/pause itself while i'm shooting and gets me killed every time. I have to resume my game every time even though I'm pretty much a dead man each time it happens. The pausing during my game just started this week and its happening more and more.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_MacGyver's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Weakness View Post
    ... Start with the notification center and turn off everything but whats necessary. i.e. system stuffs. ...
    I second this troubleshoot idea. Too often I’ve had my gaming experience ruined by notifications on my desktop. It is particularly bad when I start to game immediately after turning the computer on; all my apps seem to want to notify me about SOMETHING at that point. Windows has a “do not disturb mode” on notifications when it thinks you’re gaming or watching a movie, but it rarely worked for me.

The sad part is that, sometimes, it won’t even get the notification. I’ve noticed it was caused by them, though, because I went into Settings > Notifications and turned everything off. That’s helped greatly.

Sent from mobile app
    For the past seven years, I have done nothing but travel around the world getting shot up, locked up, blown up... and all I have to show for it are a couple empty rolls of duct tape.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had this start to happen to me as well. I figured with all the hackers on west coast servers it might have been that. But when you get booted out, look on the quick start bar on bottom of windows for which icon flashes quickly. Mine was another EA game, I deleted the game and it stopped my issue. I have no clue why this was happening or if it's the same as you but maybe this helps. Good luck.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Velozzity's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

some keyboard software actually allows you to disable alt+tab and other windows shortcuts when it senses a full screen app. I would start there if you have that option.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check out AutoHotKey to disable the windows key. It can do much more too.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! NoPants's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I know for me, I had the same issue playing Apex Legends for many months until I went into origin and disabled all notifications. It's made a huge difference for me.

Do you not know death when you see it, old man? Dabba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

There is something called "Focus" and theres a program/app that lets you see and log what programs "take" the focus. I had an issue years ago where my exes computer would seemingly minimize anything randomly and go back to desktop and it was super weird and annoying. Found this program that looks at the focus, saw what program was "Stealing" it and got rid of it.