Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! NoPants's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Monitor Question

So, I currently own a 32 inch (31.5) LG 32GK850 QHD display as my primary monitor.

I've decided to shift to a BenQ Zowie XL 2540 (24.5 inch) monitor for FPS/gaming in general. I also use my displays in order to work from home.

What I want to know is what are my options for a second monitor?

I'd like to be able to work with 2 screens from home, without impacting my FPS and gaming too much. I'm willing to either buy another monitor or use the LG monitor, I just want to understand what the impact would be to my FPS when I game.

Dell 1080ti Blower Version
    i7 8700K
    32GB Ram
    500GB SSD + 2TB HD

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Asciiadam's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I just moved to a 2 monitor setup myself and I have seen zero FPS drop. I would say hook up the LG and see for yourself if you experience any issue. Your comp seems to be strong enough to handle it. I would say unless you are trying to go over 144 fps you should be fine and even if you were trying to go higher it may still work depending on the game.

If you do experience an FPS drop you could always lower your graphics setting in-game, although playing fps games you are probably already running on low to get the most fps possible.