Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Kylovich's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wtf Can't get 3 monitor setup consistent

Hi guys, I'm trying to run 3 screens off my acer predator gaming laptop. It's got a GTX 1070 with DP and HDMI. On my left hand side is my open laptop in 1080, main screen in front of me is an Acer 4K 28" (Monitor 2) and to the right is a 24" Acer in 1080 (Monitor 3).

The issue is that the 3rd monitor (24" Acer in 1080) doesn't always display. It is recognized by my GPU and shows up in settings, but gets no signal. Sometimes disconnecting Monitor 2 and 3 and reconnecting them in order (that's what the internet said was best) would fix the problem.

Then there's days like this morning where I disconnect and reconnect a million times, restart, shutdown, disconnect and reconnect again and still nothing. I don't understand the inconsistency.

So far I'm thinking the only solid fix is to reinstall my driver and then I can get away with the disconnect/reconnect thing for a few days until I get to this point again where that won't work and I've got a blank monitor.

Can anyone help me out with this? It would be a real pain in the ass to have to constantly do a clean install of nvidia driver.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am cannon fodder. Cyrihs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you've only used Windows to set up the displays, try using the Nvidia program to set up multiple monitors.