Knee High to a Worms Ass Codiac03's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default WiFi Issues

Recently got a new router and whatnot (I'm not a tech guy), and since then, I've had WiFi issues. This is supposed to be top-of-the-line service, but everytime I connect to the WiFi on my PC, it'll say "Connected, no internet" after a few minutes. I'm still able to do LAN games with my siblings (albeit, with lots of lag from them both), but nothing else. I've told my dad about it once (his house, his router), and I thought he fixed it. I intend to tell him about it again when he wakes up in a little while, to see if he can see why its having this issue.

Banned from Forums AOD Member Tinman's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

One of your issues could be "noise" on the lines. Bad and incomplete connections in the wires going to the Wifi Router can cause this. So can corrosion. This is difficult to figure out as ALL of the connections may need to be replaced. But at least you can take them apart, clean them with Alcohol and snug them back together. Another Big one is Radio interference. If the Wifi is too close to another radio source this can happen. Also Speakers, large wires and Magnets. You can try moving the router to get a better signal. Your Wifi router should be at LEAST a foot away from other things like your TV. There could also be bad connections outside of your house. that would require a repairman to deal with. Hope your issue has been resolved. I was having the same issues and These are the things our repairman did. He Replaced all the connections he could. and made sure everything was fully connected.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'll make sure to bear that in mind. Thank you!

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Tetsuo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also make sure your wifi dapater drivers are up to date. I'm using a WIFI 6 router and some older laptops/devices can't get a full connection, and even not see it some times.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'll bear that in mind as well. Thank you!