Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Video Editing Software

Hey all - I have been compiling clips while gaming lately and want to put some effort into creating something with them. I have limited experience with video editing (see: none), but I do have a general sense for graphical design (see: software architecture). I'm not looking at becoming an advanced editor, but I do want to be able to do more intermediate level effects for better overall production value.

I believe that Adobe Premier is the de facto leader, but I was curious if there were other tools any of you utilize? I place an emphasis on intuitive in the tools I seek. Along with that, I'd love any online resources you may have found valuable - tutorials, tips and tricks, etc..

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Xmadnizzle's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SpicyPico View Post
    Hey all - I have been compiling clips while gaming lately and want to put some effort into creating something with them. I have limited experience with video editing (see: none), but I do have a general sense for graphical design (see: software architecture). I'm not looking at becoming an advanced editor, but I do want to be able to do more intermediate level effects for better overall production value.

I believe that Adobe Premier is the de facto leader, but I was curious if there were other tools any of you utilize? I place an emphasis on intuitive in the tools I seek. Along with that, I'd love any online resources you may have found valuable - tutorials, tips and tricks, etc..

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I use Davinci Resolve 16. It's basically a free version of premiere pro. It can do just about the same things and is very advanced for free software. I have used it to edit and publish a few YouTube tutorials and it wasn't too hard to learn. There are lots of tutorials available for it on YouTube as well.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Asciiadam's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have tried quite a few and right now I am using hitfilm express. I got the $19 pack if I remember correctly. It was the content creator pack. So far for me, it is the smoothest running editor. I have tried shotcut and it is pretty good and free, not the easiest to use though. Filmora 9 is good but I have had lots of studdering with it. I would not recomend that one.

Hitfilm is easy to use and cheap or free, depending on what you want. You can even add onto it later.

Keep Shooting. I'm looting sqaudmate's deathbox. AOD Member AOD_CobaltSteel's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Video Editor that's modern and easy to use, but this software is designed for a quick edit for social media purposes as it's called Animotica.

Similiar as Animotica of being user friendly, but Filmora Video Editor has way more free features then Animotica will ever dream to have in its software.

Also, there is "Lumen5" as this more in the category of a video editing “tool” than video editing software, but for social media marketers who want to create fun, flashy social promos in the blink of an eye.

Then there is Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2020 that is easy to use with better technology features, but it's not free.

If you want something like Adobe Premier, but a slight bit easier and more advanced technology than Adobe Premiere? Then check out DaVinci Resolve 16 and watch some of the videos on their site to help you decide what you're looking for your design. Also, there is a FREE version and a Commerical version that is three times cheaper than Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 that roughly cost around $800...still? Yes!

I personally use Camtasia 9 on my videos.
    Last edited by AOD_CobaltSteel; 07-01-2020 at 10:16 PM.

This Legend dropped into the famous arena to play in the Apex Games.
    See you in the arena games and always remember,
    "You are a LEGEND!!!"

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_VVoody_87th's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I've always used Premier Pro along with After Effects and Audition. I started a video production company with my wife about ten years ago and we do a lot of professional work including shows on Amazon Prime and TV ads.

I know there are alternatives but the people I work with have all used Adobe on Windows. I had one of my editors go to a Mac at one point and that didn't last long so he built a PC.

I've personally moved away from the hands on stuff but try to keep my skills up once in a while.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Davinci Resolve. Free and works amazing. Basically what every techtuber uses now because Adobe software has had lots of glitches lately. Was using windows movie maker which is trash. Davinci made the quality way better.