If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! snoopdog46's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default upgrading to a new pc

Right now Im gaming with a i7 4770k with 1060 6 video card mostly for gaming and watching movie or a stream on another monitor

here is a build i have set up right now with my psu and gpu and watercooling cosair 100i im going to keep for now.
    https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/qbb6YH

i want to wait abit for the new video cards to upgrade so ill keep that 1060 for now
    also the watercooling I was thinking to switch it up to air cooling since its old and change it to https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/...u-cooler-nhd15 one. Some ppl are telling me not to go air cooling on the cpu cause it is going to run hot but im sure it should be fine. Any Pc builders or ppl with 10700k have any thoughts on this build and if I should be fine.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I'd wait and see what 4th gen ryzen looks like first. That air cooler will easily match or beat your h100i. Basically same performance with WAY less noise.

MOAR GLUE!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Noctua's are a beast and super efficient, but ugly as hell. I think I have one around here somewhere, I retired it for an AiO. As for an AiO, I really like the NZXT Kraken units. I have an X62 now and it is just awesome, I picked that up after my Corsair H100i failed on me.

As for the SSD, for similar prices you can get a higher read/write speed. The prices are USD from Micro Center, but I think that provides some options and shows what I mean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSD compare.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	40785

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alias': Activision: Zeke009#2424731 |