Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Adding AIO (soon?)

So, I want to switch out my stock AMD cooler for an AIO. I noticed a while ago that my temps were a bit higher than before, and I don't want them getting any hotter. This is also, obviously, for the aesthetic.

I had considered putting it at the top, but I don't think I'm gonna have the clearance. I could get the single fan version, but I hear they suck at cooling, and the pump head isn't RGB(GASP!) which would make it pointless to switch out really. So that leaves me with putting either a 280 or a 360 in the front. I prefer the 360, so I just need to decide which one. I know this "little" operation will require me to clean the existing thermal paste off the CPU, and I'm prepared for that. Question is, if I go with the preapplied paste that will be on the pump head for the AIO, or try to put on my own. TBH though, I'll probably go with the preapplied stuff. I know it sucks, but this is gonna be nerve wracking enough for me as is.

Hokay, so!

I have this case:
    https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego.../CC-9011188-WW

And I am considering one of these:
    https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego.../CW-9060048-WW

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego.../CW-9060031-WW

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego.../CW-9060045-WW

Obviuously, I want a Corsair AIO so it syncs up with the rest of my lighting. But which one?

EDIT: Yes, I know it's dusty, cleaning soonest!
    Last edited by Loki; 09-21-2020 at 02:03 PM.

I do things when summoned AOD Member AOD_Water.exe's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

You wont regret switching to an AIO cooler for your cpu. When i built my current rig in 2015 i bought it with an AIO and i have never seen it crest over 40c under load and im pretty sure i can drop those temps again if i redid the thermal inferface material with a fresh setup. i would say with your case and the way you got the fans looking i would get the icue one(first link) and remove the top fans and mount the rad up there.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Definitely gonna be an iCUE cooler. But I don't think a 240 or 280 will fit in the top with my ram and such, it's already pretty snug. Besides' it'll be easiest to put it in the front cuz there's a nice slot there and I don't have to do much, versus what I might have to do to mount it in the top. Or am I misunderstanding you, and you're saying to just have the radiator up top with no fans? Can I really get away with that? I mean, yeah the heat will naturally rise away, but...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Can't get away with just the rad apparently, and rad+fans won't fit. Have to go with a 360 at the front.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Or perhaps a 280 at the front? I'm hearing that the tubes need to go at the bottom? But there's not enough room in the case to do that unless I take a dremel to it, which I don't reeeaaally wanna do.