Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy AOD Member AOD_HULK-_DJ1's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default GPU shortage

Can someone please tell me why you can find any of the new gen GPUs from either Nvidia or AMD? Or do people buy up everything and then sell then at stupid high mark ups?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Stay Nerdy My Friends

Once a BF1 pilot now a BFV gun master! kitten like reflexes AOD Member AOD_Heller222's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Ali Express https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_ the prices are to be expected with the shortage
    Last edited by AOD_Heller222; 02-24-2021 at 12:40 PM.

My Life for Super Earth!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Cryptomining is very profitable now, COVID causing manufacturing delays, more people PC gaming than ever being at home more, tariffs went into effect Jan 1...

Once a BF1 pilot now a BFV gun master! kitten like reflexes AOD Member AOD_Heller222's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

That's not the reason for the shortage it's a shortage in the chips used to produce the cards. criptomining is very inefficient with these cards.
    the 10 series cards were in shortage for those reasons. But dedicated mining cards are the most effective way of mining operating cost-time is what determines profit. 30 series cards are not efficient for mining due to the cost as you will need over 4 of them to make any profit which mean 4000w of power = 0 profit. no power supply on the market could power a 20 card 3090 mining rig. let alone the size of the cards

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_thedirtnap's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

If I understand it right, it is a mix of things. including what has been mentioned.

Many are buying cards due to crpto - I've heard the nvidia CEO talk about the mining aspect when he was talking about the 3060 (non TI) release.

Plus, alot of people THINK they are going to mine in a certain way, and end up making $10 bucks or something. Reality sometimes take a bit to set in for those folks.

PLUS, the PS5 release time frame isn't helping. ALot of the manufacturing capability went that way.

My Life for Super Earth!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Chip (thus GPU) shortages may carry into 2022 now... https://gamerant.com/gpu-shortages-may-continue-2022/