Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

The basic difference between switches is how hard you have to press the key for it to respond and how quickly it reset back when you stop pressing it and the level of noise. The slower the key the more clicky\loud it will sound.

red's have the fastest response time and typically are the most quite of mechanic switches
    you may run in to issue with hitting the adjoining keys because of the increased sensitivity it really doesn't take much to trigger a key, but if you don't have an issue with that the extra responsively will come in handy in twitchy \ reflex oriented games games.

but blues you might not get that tactical crouch off at the right milisecond you needed it, but if your typing a 3 page essay your going to make less typos. And they tend to have a very nice typewriter like clackity clack to them

Browns are kind the mid point. They have some of the nice clicky sound to them, but are more responsive than blues.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Anomaly187's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

I use a G.Skill Ripjaws KM570. Cherry MX Blue switches, backlit board, full size mechanical.

https://www.newegg.com/black-g-skill...82E16823828009

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blankwindow View Post
    The basic difference between switches is how hard you have to press the key for it to respond and how quickly it reset back when you stop pressing it and the level of noise. The slower the key the more clicky\loud it will sound.

red's have the fastest response time and typically are the most quite of mechanic switches
    you may run in to issue with hitting the adjoining keys because of the increased sensitivity it really doesn't take much to trigger a key, but if you don't have an issue with that the extra responsively will come in handy in twitchy \ reflex oriented games games.

but blues you might not get that tactical crouch off at the right milisecond you needed it, but if your typing a 3 page essay your going to make less typos. And they tend to have a very nice typewriter like clackity clack to them

Browns are kind the mid point. They have some of the nice clicky sound to them, but are more responsive than blues.
    None of the basic cherry mx have a faster response time. They are a difference of feeling and noise. Reds are linear and fairly quiet for a stock switch without lube, blues have a hard click actuation and are loud, browns are about the same volume as reds but with a tactile bump that makes you feel when you hit actuation distance. There's more but you get my drift. All have the same actuation distance and sensor. Thats just the basic switches tho. Theres so many other brands as well as optical switches now that have different actuation distances, polling rates, etc. now its crazy.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a Logitech g513 carbon and had it for about a year now and I really like it. It comes with a nice hand wrest and the keys sound good and feel good too. Its like 150 euros and really good for gaiming.And with the Logitech g hub you can change the less in this and put some macros if you want. This is overall really good and affordable.

A closed mouth gathers no foot jerry's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Anvil View Post
    I need to buy a new gaming keyboard. What keyboard should I buy?
    I'm rather fond of Ducky keyboards. They are built like tanks.

I have 4 or 5 of them around. This one arrived this weekend for me, I ordered it with cherry mx blue switches (Clicky and tactile):

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop..._detail&p=6203

I also have this one in tenkeyless... I have that one with cherry mx brown switches (tactile feedback, no click): https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop..._detail&p=6204

i have a couple of the TKL ones... they are fantastic.

I'm not throwing shade on any of the consumer grade keyboards (naga, logitech etc) ...but the true mechanical keyboards are just on another level. They last forever (literally the cherry MX switches are built to last to over 100 million actuations), are built like tanks, and just have a nice feel to them. A new set of keycaps to change things up, makes a whole new keyboard. i will never go back to consumer grade stuff unless i am in a pinch.
    Last edited by jerry; 03-16-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12