Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default PC to TV

I wanted to plug my GPU into both my normal monitor with display port which works great. And than plug the other display port into the tv. I have a 1080ti so I have 2 dp and 2 or 3 hdmi.

I have bought a display port to hdmi cable that I had used at work on a computer there and it worked, this was yesterday. I am trying to (at home) run it from my pc to tv through a soundbar that I am trying to use the passthrough on. I do have 2 hdmis on it - one is the eArc which is plugged into the TV, the other is an HDMI in which is where I have the PC plugged into. thats it for hdmi plugins. The issue I am having is that the picture doesnt show up at all on the TV and Nvidia control panel doesnt allow me to see the tv in its option and it also doesnt show up in the windows display options. Im not sure if there is something else I am supposed to do? the soundbar works and everything - sound wise at least lol. I have never used the passthrough before and this was an open box item at best buy so maybe that was why it was returned?

Anyways, hope this wasnt to confusing lol.

Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nevermind, my dumbass figured it out. IDK the soundbar had options - eArc, HDMI, BT, etc. etc. Dont ever use it for anything except sound on a PC normally haha

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_BrianCore's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Yeah, that'll do it lol