Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! NoPants's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default PC Cooling Update

I just wanted to say that I was having some pretty bad pc cooling issues with the below setup:

5800x (upgraded to 5900x)
    3080 XC3
    Scythe Fuma 2
    BeQuiet Pure Base 500 with 4 x 140MM fans

Once I changed my case to the Lian Li Cool Mesh 2 Performance and added a 240MM AIO to the front, my temps are all amazing (no CPU temp over 80 degrees or GPU temp over 62 degrees with OC).

I would not buy a closed front case again.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Ya most likely the case. CPU temps shouldn't be too different between the fuma 2 and an aio. I don't like putting aio in front of the case as it adds a lot of heat to every other component. Not like its enough to do any damage tho.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! NoPants's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HOODedDutchman View Post
    Ya most likely the case. CPU temps shouldn't be too different between the fuma 2 and an aio. I don't like putting aio in front of the case as it adds a lot of heat to every other component. Not like its enough to do any damage tho.
    I've read that AIO on the front generally means cooler CPU, while AIO on the top generally means cooler GPU. I'm most interested in getting my CPU temps down at this point, although I only reach 80 degrees C max when doing aida64 for 30 min cpu/gpu stress testing.

I also read, oddly enough, that a 240mm radiator, with an additional intake fan on the front, is actually better for thermal performance than a 360mm AIO (which is what I did).