Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Direct X version

Just a quick question/poll. What version of direct x do you play Battlefield with?

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_JawBender View Post
    Just a quick question/poll. What version of direct x do you play Battlefield with?
    I assume you mean bf5? Dx11 as 12 has lots of stuttering issues. Especially in the 1st round. Unfortunately with dx11 if you have future frame rendering on you get a noticeable jump in input lag but with it off you get a large 30%+ hit to framerate. With dx12 you don't really get a hit at all when turning future frame rendering off but there's a lot of hiccups and stutter issues. Used to be you could turn it on with dx11 and set maximum pre rendered frames to 1 in nvidia control panel to eliminate the added input lag but they made it so control panel resets every time the game launches because people with using an exploit to take all the textures out of the game. So basically run dx11 with future frame rendering off and deal with the performance hit if you want the most competitive and smooth setting. You can try dx12 with future frame rendering off and see if you get stuttering. Some say they don't but I've tried it on 5 or 6 different pcs with AMD and Intel CPUs as well as AMD or nvidia gpu and it always has stuttering. I just think some people just don't notice it as much as others.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750

Is that there a SHOTGUN?
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

In BF before BF:V use DX11. 12 will cause issues no those versions of the game no matter what system you have. If your system can handle it use DX-12 in BFV. It will provide better performance whether you are playing with max settings for visuals or lowest settings for max FPS. I say if you system can handle it was the biggest problem with DX-12 is it can cause game crashes. If your game is crashing its prob from DX-12, and if so go back to DX-11.

I've got 99 Parabolas, but a Limpet ain't one
    Let's get back to Battlefield

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah BF5. I use 12 and its pretty smooth. My biggest problem is network issues. Every once in a while it goes ape sh*t and I have a hard time staying in the server. But 12 seems to work best with the new Radeon drivers.