Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Operation Homelab

Greetings Everyone,

Thank you all for your help last summer in getting my rig up and running. This year the goal is to create the homelab "virtualize everything" as to say. With me getting my old card back in business that lets me be able to pass through two video cards. The problem I see here is that the board

x570 Syrix-e

has 3 x PCI-E 16 slots, so that would be 3 slots eaten up by video cards. I have a 3950x for the CPU, it doesn't have integrated graphics. I didn't think I would mind that but hindsight is 2020. Would it be worth getting say a https://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Pro...41&sr=8-6&th=1 to be assigned to the KVM Host. Is there a different way ? I've been doing some quick looking, installing it in headless. Doesn't seem to work because in order to render the screens to pass through say via looking glass would require the applications from something like gnome.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this, been toying around with it for a couple weeks now. Haha would like to get my windows VM up and running with one of the cards this weekend if I can.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Currently Installed VGA

PCI-E Slots
    Slot 1 x 16 - EVGA Titan X Maxwell = running in 8x?
    Slot 2 x 1 - Empty [Overlaped by VGA's]
    Slot 3 x 16 - ASUS 2080 Super = running in 8x?
    Slot 4 x 1 - Empty
    Slot 5 x 16 - Empty

Manual
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m..._UM_v2_WEB.pdf