Thread: Frame Issues

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_Sephorath's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Icon8 Frame Issues

So I recently did a reset on my PC after a bad Nvidia driver update, once I finished the reset I noticed immediately that apps and my games would have extremely low frames or intermittent freezes. I've updated all the drivers and tried the microsoft forums, unfortunately all their advisors pretty much say the same thing involving another clean reset which i've done 4 times with no results.

MOAR GLUE!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Reset or a fresh install using USB media? There is a difference and I learned that after attempting a reset myself.

You could try a driver cleaner, but your problem may be deeper (system drivers). Also, make sure you used the latest and greatest from your vendors website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alias': Activision: Zeke009#2424731 |

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_Sephorath's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Just tried that same results, I have no clue. Games run fine for a second then the audio stutters and the frames drop but i check the task manager and the games arent consuming much resources at all

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Only thing I can think is try unparking cores in windows. Just google how to do it its super simple. Other than that I'm not sure. Sounds like a hardware issue tbh.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Bowser6666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Do one more clean install and when you install drivers, use the last set of drivers that you were able to run without any issues. Lastly, you don't have to update drivers everytime there is a new update. Read the release notes and see what the driver update is about. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. I see so many people have issues whenever they update drivers. Leave them alone unless the release notes specifically mention that they are for a specific game that you play etc.....

Hello Sunshine AOD Member AOD_Sunwheel's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Consider a clean reinstall after using DDU (well-known and respected) in Windows' safe mode to completely uninstall your GPU drivers:
    First, download the latest drivers for your GPU.
    Then download the latest DDU version here (use the ***Official Download Here *** link, NOT the yellow Update Display Driver button which is SPAM):
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/v...php?f=5&t=3480
    Disconnect from the Internet (to prevent Windows from messing with this procedure, later).
    Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
    Run DDU after making selections for your GPU (AMD or NVIDIA) and your system.
    DDU will remove all driver files and registry entries for your GPU driver, including any corrupted ones (probably your issue) and restart your PC in normal mode.
    Install the drivers for your GPU.
    Reconnect to the Internet and reboot.
    DDU has fixed many driver issues of mine over the years. Hope it does for you too. If this doesn't fix it you more likely than not have a hardware issue.
    Last edited by AOD_Sunwheel; 06-05-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    Intel 13700K @ 5.4GHz; Zotac RTX 4080; 32GB RAM @ 4400MHz 20-28-28-48
    1 TB 990 NVMe, 500 GB 980 NVMe, 500 GB 850 & 860 EVOs; EVGA 750W Gold PS
    Dell S2721DGF @ 165Hz IPS (x2)
    Pulsar X2V2 Mini on Artisan Zero FX Soft XL
    Ducky One 3 SF 65% keyboard with pre-lubed Black switches

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

If I could close the thread I would.

ATTENTION ALL USERS, I forgot to plug my cpu cooling pump back in that is all