Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DOC_GG_22 View Post
    I gloss over the low FPS performance because anyone buying this monitor is a fool if they dont have a rig that can consistently hit 200 fps.

In this Thread we are talking about 240hz 1440p 27" IPS monitors with a built in gysnc module . Physical gsync modules are head and shoulders above the other adaptive syncing technologies. There are countless articles explaining the many reasons for this.
    No there isn't countless articles actually. Try to find one lol. Best 1440p 240hz monitor on the market is actually the samsung g7 which is a VA and doesn't have a module. That's assuming by best you mean fastest lol. There's literally dozens of in depth reviews by hardware unboxed showing there's literally no benefit to a gsync module compared to gsync compatible monitors that are done properly. Please name me a single reason that makes a gsync module better that's actual fact. Saying gsync compatible monitors have worse ghosting is completely false and as such isn't a valid reason.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

This shows g7 beating the pg279qm in response time and with less inverse ghosting. This is also number across the entire vrr range which means its calibrated better with gsync compatible than the pg279qm is with a module technically since it has less ghosting and is faster. Yes it a VA panel but there aren't any IPS 240hz 1440p panels without gsync module yet. That is even more of a plus for gsync compatible tho since VA panels almost always have much worse ghosting or black smearing than all other panel types. Even at 120hz the g7 outperforms the asus and has significantly less ghosting. Tech has moved forward in the last few years and there's literally no difference as long as you do your research and get a monitor with well calibrated overdrive.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	272.7 KB 
ID:	42442
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! DOC_GG_22's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HOODedDutchman View Post
    This shows g7 beating the pg279qm in response time and with less inverse ghosting. This is also number across the entire vrr range which means its calibrated better with gsync compatible than the pg279qm is with a module technically since it has less ghosting and is faster. Yes it a VA panel but there aren't any IPS 240hz 1440p panels without gsync module yet. That is even more of a plus for gsync compatible tho since VA panels almost always have much worse ghosting or black smearing than all other panel types. Even at 120hz the g7 outperforms the asus and has significantly less ghosting. Tech has moved forward in the last few years and there's literally no difference as long as you do your research and get a monitor with well calibrated overdrive.

Why are you so combative? who hurt you bro? I clearly said "240hz 1440p 27" IPS" I agree the G7 is a great monitor if you get a good one. but the curved nature due to viewing angles of a VA makes it limited to gaming and uncomfortable for daily use. This is why there is chocolate an vanilla clearly you are a fan boy of the competition which is your right. I play a little more competitively and would like the best of the best which is not your prerogative I guess.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

No there isn't countless articles actually. Try to find one lol. Best 1440p 240hz monitor on the market is actually the samsung g7 which is a VA and doesn't have a module. That's assuming by best you mean fastest lol. There's literally dozens of in depth reviews by hardware unboxed showing there's literally no benefit to a gsync module compared to gsync compatible monitors that are done properly. Please name me a single reason that makes a gsync module better that's actual fact. Saying gsync compatible monitors have worse ghosting is completely false and as such isn't a valid reason.
    https://www.displayninja.com/is-g-sync-worth-it/

First hit on google. summary of Gsync module over other offering "Is it worth it? Well, if you want the smoothest gaming experience in competitive fast-paced titles, then yes". Pretty much the consensus in the tech industry. If you have the money and want the best then its worth it. If you worry about the performance to cost ratio than no this tech isn't for you.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

On an unrelated note to expand on our conversation yesterday here is a link showing the 11900k beating the 5800x in every game they tested.
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...review,27.html
    I'm a big fan of the analysis that Hilbert Hagedoorn does in his reviews.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DOC_GG_22 View Post
    On an unrelated note to expand on our conversation yesterday here is a link showing the 11900k beating the 5800x in every game they tested.
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...review,27.html
    I'm a big fan of the analysis that Hilbert Hagedoorn does in his reviews.
    You were acting like there was a noticeable difference. Which there clearly isn't. Also they're using 2x8gb memory in that review which means single rank. Dual rank adds a decent amount of performance on ryzen. Nothing crazy obv but it makes more of a difference than it does on Intel. Any review using dual rank (like the one I put a screenshot from) shows different.

Also being condescending and acting like having a gsync monitor means you're out to be the best is ridiculous considering the fastest 240hz monitor on the market is gsync compatible. No matter what the type of panel that proves the point that gsync isn't superior to gsync compatible.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I'll add I'm not a fanboy of anything. Every in depth proper comparison of gsync to gsync compatible comes to the conclusion that gsync is superior when it comes to vrr across the refresh range. Not outright performance at or near max refresh rate. People thinking it magically gives you less input lag or faster pixel response times are just flat out wrong and there's nothing out there to back that up. Anyways we should just agree to disagree and try to avoid talking tech again I guess. I'm capable of having a rational conversation about hardware. Everything I say is based on hours and hours of research or my own personal experience as I buy and sell a lot of hardware. I've probably owned 100+ CPUs and GPUs in the past 15 years and am passionate about in depth research on almost everything to do with gaming PCs.

On the subject of the guru3d CPU review I'll add guru3d traditionally doesn't update their numbers. I like their reviews but there's been many instances in the past where a card will come out from either AMD or Nvidia and they do a review on it. Times passes and a large performance patch will come out for one of the games they use for testing and they do a review of another new card and they don't retest said game to give a proper comparison. Not saying that's the case with that exact review but they've done it many times in the past.

Anyways we can agree to disagree and just avoid these types of topics as we are obviously both passionate about the subject. If we ever do you can also miss me with this type of passive aggressive statements "I play a little more competitively and would like the best of the best which is not your prerogative I guess". Also the "who hurt you bro" in response to a reply that states nothing but facts and isn't the least bit derogative. I'll bow out now. See you in bf.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12