It seems the population has taken another dip. BS is rallying to "leak out" that an alternative ruleset server will be released this fall as well as a heavy tank nerf next week.
The free shard "phoenix" is coming down aug 31st. They started that they don't want what little player base is left split among multiple servers so they are bringing their server down.
I can't say from my pov after 20 years that I will want to reroll and follow a population of players that are good people but the 50 or so that run scripts, radar, infusion programs and the company is so mismanaged that they just allow things to happen this late in the game. What infuriates me is the "script kiddies" are the ones that the devs listen to on class nerfs and not the population. The 50 or so kids can't afford to carry the server should the 700 left decide to cancel. This form of poor management amazes me. I half heartedly feel they're ok with it going down and are ready to move on to the next thing and are just going thru the motions.

If you have an itch to fire up your old accounts and check it out- now's the time before it's gone. If you had previously sub'd and cancelled and have been out for at least 6 months you can reopen the account and play for free at this time. However your realm ranks will be deadlocked at rr 5 until you resub.