Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Firewall's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Default Weekly Clan Stuff?

The fishing event was awesomesauce. Though I did not participate in the competition, I did show up and drop my line with the rest of you guys and had fun in chat.

For me, this is why I joined AOD. These fun Clan stuff, something to do, with the primary reward is just having a good time, while playing the game.

Now this is coming from my Planetside 2 background and I do not know if it would transition well, but we had two weekly operation nights (2 hours stretch), where the whole clan would gather and attempt to achieve a goal together. We also had themed nights, (armor column, airborne demolitions, ATV races through war zones, etc.) People joined as they wanted and had time. Win or lose, it was an enjoyable experience. (You haven’t run in an armor column, until you’ve run in a BigZack armor column. I always had fun trying to keep my repair bus as close to his rear side, while trying to stay out of his tailpipe) You were not required to participate, but it was available if you did.

I know we can do ‘pick-up’ stuff through Team Speak, but that doesn’t draw in those folks who are not online, not like known scheduled times. I also understand it is easy to throw ideas out there and I recognize the work involved (Forums, TS Channels, Herding Cats) and hats off to leadership for sacrificing personal time to organize these tools we use to better our time in game.

Here are my thoughts on weekly scheduled events that could happen once or twice a week:
    • Dungeon Crawl: We hit the dungeons, any of them. We always have AOD who have quests and hope to get a AOD group, cause PUG groups can go sideways. I am 60, but I still like running through a dungeon, especially if I can help a clan member progress.
    • Portals: Lets get together and swarm portals! AOD Zerg! Corruption portals are fun and easy if you got lots of people.
    • Faction Tokens: PvP mission flagged in Great Cleave. This is the fastest way to gather faction tokens. Best part, no one PvPs while doing this ‘grind’ because they are too busy doing the grind themselves. Since doing these missions can’t influence the zone, factions don’t care or respond. Plus, who would attack twenty+ people? We could also do faction specific zones, but this may generate actual PvP response and I know it’s not something everyone is into and falls into the realm of an actual territory take-over event, which is well outside what I am trying to express here.
    • Elite Zone Clearing: Chest for everyone! It doesn’t have to be the level 63 areas either. We could always start at a low-level area and ‘move up’ to the higher-level areas. This allows all clan members to be included in the run. I personally enjoy rolling over those mobs that made my life heck, in the past. Plus, the high-level folks can ‘level-up” those weapons we never use on the low-level mobs. See something for everyone is possible.
    • Fishing: Weekly hang out and fish time / place. Like an AOD Fishing spot, where we fish, chew-the-fat and compare catches.
    • Rabbit-gedion! Let’s swarm out and slaughter every rabbit across the land. Pool together all the lucky rabbit feet and make Luck Trophies for everyone! (This is a joke)

Ultimately, what I am hoping for with this brainstorming, spilled into this forum post, is to get us together regularly and do something as a Clan, even if there isn’t always a personal benefit. Having a weekly schedule / calendar of events, will also draw back some folks taking a ‘burn-out break’ back for an hour or two, just to participate in something they find personally fun, outside the grind, that they may be stepping away from for a time.

It doesn’t even need to be organized by an individual, just a schedule for folks to know, that on those days, people who are interested in those things, will have other people logging in who are also interested in those things. If for example: we schedule Tuesdays and Thursdays, (7pm to 9pm) is ‘Dungeon Crawl’, folks who like that thing, will try to log in for it and those that need help, will know that is the most likely time to get a AOD group to finish something. It doesn’t exclude something else, just increases the likelihood of that type of gameplay to be more successful in occurring during that time-frame.

Ending this with the exclaimer: In no way am I suggesting something that people are required to do. The Event types I listed are examples that I could think of, I am sure that there are other possibilities that I did not think of, that are equally fun and valid.

Can kicked down the road.

i am disinclined to acquiesce to your request

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Hey, I want to start off by saying that this is an excellent way to broach the topic of events.

Now, in spite of rumblings that Leadership has nothing planned for you guys - and no not in this post or by you at all, but by others; we do have things planned for you all. The last month has been focused on stabilizing the New World division to the point where we were granted full-time status as a division. We achieved that primary goal - which is outstanding. Now that the primary goal has been achieved we are looking to create more regular events for you guys as that is part and parcel of being in an AOD Division.

We have a couple of things to announce at the meeting on Saturday and I'm sure everyone will find that events are part of those announcements, we just ask that you continue to have faith in the leadership of this division and our focus on bringing you guys an enjoyable time spent with like-minded casual gamers, and that we do want to hear your ideas about events, because it can be very tiring for one or two people to constantly be thinking of new ways to entertain everyone.

Back to this amazing post though. I really like some of the ideas you have posted here and would like you to work with your house leaders on finetuning these events into proper proposals so that they can follow the chain of command and be presented in such a way that we can further them into an actual event.

I would stress that most events should be focused on the inclusion of everyone regardless of rank or gear scores where possible as we want everyone to be able to potentially enjoy every event should they wish to without worrying about their levels or zone levels. SO my advice here would be to start at the top of your idea list and really write it out, detail the crap out of it, make it something you would like to see presented in a "good copy format" on the forums as an event and one that you would like to co-host with the help from an NCO and let's start getting more of these fantastic event ideas flowing.

I'm fairly certain that our channels will move into the full time division section soon and we can start a section specifically for this purpose of you guys bringing us ideas to work with you on, so that we can all have a hand in making this division something that everyone really wants to be a part of, included in, and actively enjoyable :)

Thank you for the great ideas!!!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_Abraxas601's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Two recurring "Ops Nights" every week would help greatly with my scheduling.
    “The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd!” - Blackadder

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_BigZach's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Hey Firewall, I've been wanting the same thing and I'd be happy to help flesh it out this weekend.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Firewall's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Dungeon Crawl, Portals, Fishing are easy. Set days and time window.

Faction Token Farm and Elite Zone Clearing will take more effort as they require guidance and pathing routes.

First take the plank out of your own eye.
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

I love when ps2 members want to make divisions more like ps2. I can feel the ps2 love!! Too bad we are purple here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art by Blinix

Thoughts become Actions. Actions become Habits. Habits become Character.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_yosidy's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    New World
    Status
    Active

How about a deforestation event? Fighting the corruption with global warming. Get as many AoD members as possible to clear every single tree from a zone. /s

I do like your ideas, it's always fun to do things with other people!