Results 1 to 18 of 18

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    The Oreos are fake IRON FiNN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28

    Default Bought a cyberpower pc!

    CPU: Intel Core i5-11600KF 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master i71C RGB 37 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
    Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
    Storage HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Storage SSD: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB VENTUS 2X OC Video Card
    PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

    Slight bottlenecking. 3060 looks good. should I buy anything besides a different cooler?

  2. #2
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_LTCaveman's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_IRON FiNN View Post
    CPU: Intel Core i5-11600KF 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master i71C RGB 37 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
    Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
    Storage HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Storage SSD: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB VENTUS 2X OC Video Card
    PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

    Slight bottlenecking. 3060 looks good. should I buy anything besides a different cooler?
    I'd go with a Hyper 212 Evo (if your on a budget) or something from Noctua (A little bit more $ but the performance is there) for the HSF

    WD Blue's are sadly not 'performance' drives :(
    -- As an example here's your nvme you can see its speeds are rated at 2400 read & 1750 write, the gold standard by most people is the Samsung 970 Evo you can see from that page its speed is 3500 read & write... personally I use Seagate Firecuda 530's (not the cheapest thing, but damn heck they are FAST) :)

    Thats where I'd start :)
    One thing I'm curious of since you mentioned bottle neck, where is the bottle neck?
    CPU, RAM, Storage, GPU.....

  3. #3
    Your Friendly Armored Engineer AOD Member AOD_Darkwhip's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    PlanetSide 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    27
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Besides getting some kind of heat pipe air cooler, for ase of maintenance over an AIO water cooler i'd reccommend u´grading the PSU to about 800W for an even safer margin, the graphics card reccomends 550w and that's a hefty processor in the system to boot so the safety margin with at least 80+ bronze would be much safer.
    Also what LTCaveman said, but i'd still wager the performance you'd get on that NVME is well worth it, it is an M2 SSD, as for the HDD seems fine to me plenty of space decent rpm unless you're planning on putting a large modern game on it and gaming on it it's fine

  4. #4
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Age
    36
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Darkwhip View Post
    Besides getting some kind of heat pipe air cooler, for ase of maintenance over an AIO water cooler i'd reccommend u´grading the PSU to about 800W for an even safer margin, the graphics card reccomends 550w and that's a hefty processor in the system to boot so the safety margin with at least 80+ bronze would be much safer.
    Also what LTCaveman said, but i'd still wager the performance you'd get on that NVME is well worth it, it is an M2 SSD, as for the HDD seems fine to me plenty of space decent rpm unless you're planning on putting a large modern game on it and gaming on it it's fine
    This system is going to use about 300 watts max while gaming. The power supply is plenty and will run right at its peak efficiency being around 50% load. 550 watt is recommended for an entire system paired with a 3060. They also compensate for people running cheapo units. PSU is plenty.
    12700K // ASUS B660-I Strix
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX Fury 6000
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI 6800XT Gaming X Trio // MSI MAG274QRX 1440p 240hz
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF600

  5. #5
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_LTCaveman's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Age
    33
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Darkwhip View Post
    Besides getting some kind of heat pipe air cooler, for ase of maintenance over an AIO water cooler i'd reccommend u´grading the PSU to about 800W for an even safer margin, the graphics card reccomends 550w and that's a hefty processor in the system to boot so the safety margin with at least 80+ bronze would be much safer.
    Sadly I would never recommend an AiO to someone as there can be issues that a normal person wouldn't notice (IE the pump dying) that can cause issues in the future :(
    While yes I do 100% agree that the PSU should be upgraded, the reason its not in my list is because thats what the vendor provided, if there are issues with it (with the current cpu / gpu combo) then the vendor should replace it, NOW had he (or she?) indicated that a CPU / GPU upgrade was being looked at, then yes, 100% new psu for sure :)

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_IRON FiNN View Post
    oh, thats terrible. i do have a 250gb samsung evo. ill probably hook it up
    that's a good suggestion for the heatsink.
    one site said the CPU might have a slight bottleneck. i was unable to confirm it, and it recommended the 5600 amd which is in the same range as the intel cpu
    Gotcha, I wouldn't take what a site says at face value, without know the exact system it was tested with its hard to compare
    - for example I found someone a while back that was having absolute garbage performance in a game and he had similar hardware to someone in my guild, we trouble shot it for about 2 hours and then I found out his '16gb of ram' was a SINGLE 16gb dimm and not 2x8gb dimms, most modern processors are dual channel so having a single dimm hurt him quite bad, he swapped it out for a good 16gb kit from Corsair (same timings and everything as the original dimm as he was on a budget thanks to not working damn you covid!!!) and his issue was gone, and all that happened was he went from single to dual for his ram :)

  6. #6
    The Oreos are fake IRON FiNN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28

    Default

    oh, thats terrible. i do have a 250gb samsung evo. ill probably hook it up

    that's a good suggestion for the heatsink.

    one site said the CPU might have a slight bottleneck. i was unable to confirm it, and it recommended the 5600 amd which is in the same range as the intel cpu

  7. #7
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Age
    36
    Posts
    641

    Default

    I don't know why people keep acting like a gold rated 650 watt is bad. It's a ton. 125w on CPU with unlocked power + 170w on gpu. 295 watts if you have both cpu and gpu at 100% load. Never happen while gaming. You're looking at a typical load of probably 250 watts whe gaming. You could throw a 3080 in this thing and still be fine. Just get a nice air cooler and enjoy your rig.

    Also you're never, under any circumstance, going to see any noticeable gains on upgrading from the nvme that came with your rig. Not unless you're moving around huge files all the time to another drive or machine with a similar read/write speed.

  8. #8
    Only a sith deals in absolutes. Guille92h's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Age
    30
    Posts
    30

    Default

    The 11600kf won't bottleneck a 3060, it is on par with the 5600x that website probably is not acurate, 5600x would be better for some games like counter strike, but for others like cod 11600kf would be better, but in average they'd be the same, and anyway with cpu you will hit gpu bottleneck in all games before cpu bottleneck unless you play at 1080p low on a cpu demanding game but even a 12600k can bottleneck in some games playing at those graphics obviously.
    As cooler i'd put a schyte fuma2 is better than the 212 evo, it will allow you to overclock the cpu if you want and anyway the 11th gen cpus are quite hot so better to put a good cooler, is normally around 60 $ the schyte. What case does the pc have? Although all cyberpower pcs i've seen have big cases i don't know if there are some with small cases so better make sure before buying a tall tower cooler, although this cooler is just 155 mm so would fit in almost any atx case. The rest of the pc is good.

    The psu is more than enough 600w but the only thing ppl could say is about the quality, the thermaltake smart are not very good quality for being gold certificate, but unless the electric installation of your house is bad or you have a lot of power surges it won't be a problem, i wouldn't recommend that psu for a pc build but in prebuilds they use just what is necessary for the pc to work at 100% load with stock clocks.

  9. #9
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Age
    36
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Guille92h View Post
    The 11600kf won't bottleneck a 3060, it is on par with the 5600x that website probably is not acurate, 5600x would be better for some games like counter strike, but for others like cod 11600kf would be better, but in average they'd be the same, and anyway with cpu you will hit gpu bottleneck in all games before cpu bottleneck unless you play at 1080p low on a cpu demanding game but even a 12600k can bottleneck in some games playing at those graphics obviously.
    As cooler i'd put a schyte fuma2 is better than the 212 evo, it will allow you to overclock the cpu if you want and anyway the 11th gen cpus are quite hot so better to put a good cooler, is normally around 60 $ the schyte. What case does the pc have? Although all cyberpower pcs i've seen have big cases i don't know if there are some with small cases so better make sure before buying a tall tower cooler, although this cooler is just 155 mm so would fit in almost any atx case. The rest of the pc is good.

    The psu is more than enough 600w but the only thing ppl could say is about the quality, the thermaltake smart are not very good quality for being gold certificate, but unless the electric installation of your house is bad or you have a lot of power surges it won't be a problem, i wouldn't recommend that psu for a pc build but in prebuilds they use just what is necessary for the pc to work at 100% load with stock clocks.
    Thermaltake smart gold is tier C on the PSU tier list. That's not good for a gold unit but still perfectly capable to use without issue. He could overclock the CPU and GPU as far as he can get and still won't have an issue. Even a gpu or cpu upgrade down the road would be fine. I wouldn't throw a 3080+ and a 12900k in there but I'd be fine throwing a 3080 in there as an upgrade without worry. Gotta remember gold rated units almost always have their full power rating on the +12v rail alone. This is a single +12v with 588w alone. By old school standards it's a 700 watt unit.
    12700K // ASUS B660-I Strix
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX Fury 6000
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI 6800XT Gaming X Trio // MSI MAG274QRX 1440p 240hz
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF600

  10. #10
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Age
    36
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Did a little research and found very little since it's an oem power supply. I'd probably upgrade the power supply along with any other upgrade that consumes a substantial amount more power. I stuck up for it because it was gold rated and decent on the psu tier list. Which it is. I wouldn't be pushing it consistently near its max value from the shots I've seen of the internals now tho. Def not a terrible unit for an oem psu tho.
    12700K // ASUS B660-I Strix
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX Fury 6000
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI 6800XT Gaming X Trio // MSI MAG274QRX 1440p 240hz
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF600

  11. #11
    The Oreos are fake IRON FiNN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Well thanks for the advice. I might upgrade to a 850 watt down the road.

    I'm really pumped to get this :)

    I'm happy knowing it should be fine all around.

    is that SSD really an issue?


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top