Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Science2 Space Engineers Server Starting April 1st

Operation: Migs-in-Space
    Time: April 1st 7pm EST 2022
    Duration: 2 months at least (Longer if a person or two want it)

Description: If you can dream it, you can build it. (After watching hours of YouTube tutorial videos)
    Switch gears from the high tears grind, grab a glass of your favorite cocktail and join me and maybe even someone else on a dedicated Space Engineers server. Work together to build something beautiful or go find your own private asteroid and do your own thing. Log in details will be added to this post on the day of the event.

I have run 7d2d, Minecraft and Astroneer servers but never a space engineers’ server. If anyone else has this kind of experience and wants to give me a few pointers please let me know.

Reward: Learn how to rage quit a total new game
    Please DM me if you have interest in this event so I know how many slots to have on the server. More can be added if need be.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Difranco's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

The Server is up and running and tonight i'll make sure its stable before posting the log in info.

Space engineers is also on sale on Steam right now for $14 if people are on the fence about picking it up.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Ping Perfect is having a server issue and can't install the Game. Should be up by tomorrow morning.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

The server is up, but its fighting me at every turn. Without mods or adjustments it crashes every 5 minutes or so. I added Torch and I'm hoping that will help. The worlds are also not being persistent and restarting every time the server is empty. This is a config options but It doesn't seem like its saving my changes. If any one has any experience with Space Engineers and has some suggestions please let me know.

Also, anyone have a strong preference to starting on a planet or out in space?

I took an IQ test and the results were negative AOD Member AOD_lotus71's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Hey, i will be very happy to join, i always prefer to start on planet.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Server Info: 186.233.187.125:28015
    PW: AOD

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

The server seems to be working. Next big opening attempt will be Tuesday at 8pm EST.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I was told that the server was fixed and should be able to hold more then two players. I'll be around either tonight or tomorrow night to test this.
    The server is up but not persistence. :-/ Every time the server reboots it makes a new map and I had to start over. I was unable to fix this this morning but I'll keep working on it when i get home.

Pro Tip: When you land, drill rocks and put them in the Survival Assembler on your drop pod. This will allow you to make basic parts to start your first base. Use these to make power and a basic assembler. You will need steel plates in your inventory, made from the drop pod assembler to place a block. You should build a basic assembler and a power source first.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

The server is up and it should allow for up to 8 engineers to slowly suffocate in the vacuum of space. The world will save out progress unless the world reboots. I will avoid doing and fingers crossed the world doesn't get laggy over the weeks. I'll try and to make sure nothing interrupts the service. I should be on in a few hours to start a base on the Earth Like planet.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! SickSix's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wow, this might actually get me to reinstall the game. I played it waaaay back when it was just a tech demo basically.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Server is working fine and persistent. Issue was more with how the game is played and not a server issue. If you would like to join, feel free!

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_Hellcat101's Avatar
    Rank
    Trainer
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

ok i ave that game.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Well shit. Server reset again and i have no idea why. I'm sorry for all those that invested time into it. I don't know why space engineers is so different from every other game i've hosted. Unless anyone has any idea's on how to fix this i think i'm just about out of patience for this server and i'm ready to move onto something else :-/

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You had medbays and logged off in cyro chambers right? And their grids had power when you came back?

If its in terms of persistence across restarts, the game 'used to have' issues with autosaving. I always forced a save on the console when quitting. This was back like 4 years ago though.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I had persistent world selected when the world was first created, we had been adding to the base for at least a week with power, batteries and a med bay. We hadn't started on a cryo chamber yet when the whole world was regenerated and all the GPS coordinates were lost. It was a completely new world and buildings we scrapped had been restored. My theory is that when i asked ping perfect to fix the player cap (I was paying for 12 slots but it was maxing out a 2) they thought they fixed it but didn't, so when 3 people were on the server at once, it restarted, an issue i had in the beginning. I'd like to test this theory at some point, mostly because i'm paying for the slots and want to see if they did in fact, fix the issue, but after like 6 wipes and such a tedious early game i think I'm done. I'll make a post about the next options for the server later this week under a new post.