Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default Steel Series Aerox 9 wireless. Finally a good, lightweight MMO mouse.

I love MMO mice because of the plethora of buttons on the side. I've used the Naga line from 2004 to current and even tried the trinity. I've used Logitech's G600, G602, and G604.
    I finally bought the Corsair Scimitar and loved that mouse but it's heavy and wired. I loved that you could adjust the position of the thumb button grid forward and back for best fit.
    I then, at random, landed upon the Steelseries Aerox 9 MMO wireless mouse. This mouse has it all, believe it or not.
    - Light weight
    - Super smooth and very low friction on my Corsair MM300 mouse pad that is really just a teflon coated metal mousing surface. I can't stand the cloth mousepads.
    - The buttons are the perfect "clickiness". The left and right clickers are sensitive enough to click easily but not so sensitive that simply resting your fingers on them actuates them. Perfect imo.
    - The side buttons are a little stiffer on the actuation. I'd put them between the G600 and latest Naga mice as far as how much pressure is required to actuate them.
    - The mouse supports up to 15,000 CPI and boy is this sensor accurate. It has a CPI switching button right behind the middle mouse click. I have 2 modes: 1800 and 2600 for FPS and vehicles respectively.
    - The mouse has 3 zones for RGB lighting but this does not include the 12 side buttons unfortunately. The RGB changes colors at random as you switch between CPI levels and the RGB is not assignable to which CPI level you're on.
    I find this to be a bit of an oversight. It would be nice to know which CPI level I'm based on the color I've assigned it.
    - Among all of the wireless mice I've listed above, I have felt a bit of lag when first moving the mouse and stopping movement as if the cursor needs to catch up to my mouse position.
    I am glad to say that I feel absolutely no lag with this mouse. It's incredible. There is no discernable difference between this mouse's responsiveness and my Corsair Scimitar. I'm rather impressed with this.

Not sure what else to say about it but if you have any questions then let me know.

Last edited by AOD_DirtyApe777; 05-02-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Sorry for the double post but I hit the 5 minute mark and realized I forgot something.

If you do buy this mouse and want to assign the "Back" or "Forward" command to a mouse button then you would assign Button 4 to a mouse button or Button 5 to a mouse button which are "Back" and "Forward" respectively.
    I have Button 4 back command assigned to left tilt and button 5 forward command assigned to right tilt on the mouse wheel to go back and forward in web pages and file explorer. Super convenient.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Almost bought the regular aerox for fps but I've heard there's a few QC issues and it doesn't have the craziest battery life. Went for the Viper Ultimate instead and am now on the Logitch G Pro Superlight. Waiting for the Endgame XM2W to launch then I'm grabbing that since endgame makes the best fps mouse shape ever made. I love my xm1 but I absolutely can't go back to wired.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750

Hello Sunshine AOD Member AOD_Sunwheel's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

I mained the Aerox 3 Wireless for quite a while and loved it (after replacing the stock mouse feet with Tiger Arc 2s). Did not have any QC issues, which I believe were limited to the first batches. It's nice to see, with the Aerox 9 Wireless, SteelSeries went with a more traditional, wide mouse feet design and that they appear to be made of virgin PTFE.
    Intel 13700K @ 5.4GHz; Zotac RTX 4080; 32GB RAM @ 4400MHz 20-28-28-48
    1 TB 990 NVMe, 500 GB 980 NVMe, 500 GB 850 & 860 EVOs; EVGA 750W Gold PS
    Dell S2721DGF @ 165Hz IPS (x2)
    Pulsar X2V2 Mini on Artisan Zero FX Soft XL
    Ducky One 3 SF 65% keyboard with pre-lubed Black switches