Stupid F****** NETCODE AOD Member AOD_Gary91511's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Default Tank Tree

Simple question: Should I go for researching the entire german tank tree or entire soviet tank tree?

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Blackb4ss's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

IMHO and others online as well seem to think end game German tanks are the best in the game right now. If you do decide to go Germany, make sure to put your earned squad points towards the Leopard 2 PL so its ready for use when you get there.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Nibe's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Depends. Germany has accurate great guns at low br and after you get the 75mm you can one shot pretty much everything. They have flat armor on most of their low-med BR tanks, but situational awareness can help to get the first shot. Most of the german mid tier TD's have great thick and/or angled armor and are impervious to most frontal shots after 500m distance. And also they get armored heavies pretty early on and tiger's 8.8cm gun is a beast. German WWII era tanks are pretty much the only ones that can reliably hit targets beyond 1200m and still hit dead on to their weakspots. After BR 7.7 the playing field becomes odd, because everybody has good tanks and virtually no armor. You kinda have to adapt your playstyle to a vehicle you're currently playing, because some higher tier vehicles have very specific playstyles and you're not having fun if you try to do somenthing different.

Soviets have pretty fast tanks with decent guns and angled armor, but you really need to know weakspots to effectively fight heavies. Even with soviet heavies. Because soviet guns are happiest in the world, (Y)our guns never have any depression. -5 negative is maximum you'll see on most vehicles and some only do like -3. You get rewarded for playing extra aggressively and doing full frontal assaults to cause confusion and get a few good sideshots. T-34 coming straight in from the flank is pain to deal with, especially if you have to fight others from another direction and I've had many games where I survive a suicide assault to break german assault on our position, because your already angled armor is even better if you sigzag around and their shots hit your armor at high angles. KV-1 is extremely good if you know how to angle it and if your enemies don't know it's weakspots. After 7.7 you get the stronk soviet armor only if your enemies aren't shooting hesh or heat. Your tanks become pretty meh, but after 8.3 you get great tanks with good guns that can be used to full frontal assaults or to snipe your enemies. After T-64 and T-72 series, you still have a pretty average tank that can do everything.
    I am sad. My squadmate got killed today. He said that there is a Leo in the forest, but I couldn't see the forest because trees were on the way.

Knocking them out one at a time. AOD Member AOD_Macjagger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

just pick one there are no wrong answers... each line has advantages and disadvantages mostly around viable BR lineups. Work one through to top tier, then start on the next.

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The only wrong answer is playing all of the trees at once when you plan on doing competitive play. :D

AOD for life AOD Member AOD_Kharior's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Whichever you pick, you should focus. I'd be at the end of all my trees if I didn't bounce between them all the time!
    Kill the meat, save the metal
    -DraigUK

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! TheClown's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

just play what you feel. I like to jump around because the grind burns me out. End game German tanks get clapped by Russia so be warned

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_KURZHAAR's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I prefer the German tree... but nothing says you cannot research both at once. LOL!

Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

YES! The PL-2 is a SWEET ride. I am looking forward to the M1A1 AIM as well.

Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

END GAME, in SB at least, is ruined by the helo spam during the first two minutes of the match. Heck... Some matches at top tier only last two minutes thanks to the spawn camp'n helo spammers.