If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_BrianCore's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Default Dual channel headphones recommendations?

By dual channel, I mean it has two separate audio channels that I can set for in game volume and the other for chat volume. I'm looking for dual channel headphones and I can't keep running the ones I got forever. Current set is Turtle Beach PX22 and those seem to have left stores for good. Any recommendations?

Can I have your Tots AOD Member AOD_Hetzer_75's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

I have been using a Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless headset and it haves this feature. It's basically a dial on the side of my headset that can make either the voice chat louder or the game sound louder (at the expense of the other). It's helpful to change on the fly depending on the type of game - if I'm playing World of Warships I mainly want to hear people I'm playing with because the game audio isn't that important while if I'm playing Escape from Tarkov it's the opposite.

This video goes over the feature well. On the Steelseries wireless headsets the chatmix feature is on the headset but if you have a wired headset there is an inline dial on the cable:

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_BrianCore's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

I have been meaning to get a bluetooth headset I can use with my phone while at work because earbuds that stick into your ear I can only tolerate for so long. I'll check this out and hopefully a BestBuy near me has it.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_Terrawr's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Hetzer_75 View Post
    I have been using a Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless headset and it haves this feature. It's basically a dial on the side of my headset that can make either the voice chat louder or the game sound louder (at the expense of the other). It's helpful to change on the fly depending on the type of game - if I'm playing World of Warships I mainly want to hear people I'm playing with because the game audio isn't that important while if I'm playing Escape from Tarkov it's the opposite.

This video goes over the feature well. On the Steelseries wireless headsets the chatmix feature is on the headset but if you have a wired headset there is an inline dial on the cable:

I second this, I have the same and it works wonders

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_VVoody_87th's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BrianCore View Post
    I have been meaning to get a bluetooth headset I can use with my phone while at work because earbuds that stick into your ear I can only tolerate for so long. I'll check this out and hopefully a BestBuy near me has it.
    For just talking on the phone I have always used Plantronics devices. I've used a Jabra once and I felt it was inferior.

It's funny because people rarely use these dedicated phone bluetooth headsets anymore but if you get a good one there is so much to be said for being able to talk on the phone without holding it to your ear or having it on speaker. It's also useful in the car if I'm with my wife and only one of us can hook up to the car's system at one time or I'm in a rental and don't want to waste time connecting to it.

They're no good for movies or music but that's what the earbuds are for. And yes you can use the earbuds but the mic quality generally isn't as good.