Knee High to a Worms Ass KhaosTheory's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Crew Skills

Quick question for the group. is it better to earn experience to the crews or pay the silver lions and speed the training up. I am not going to spend the golden eagles to ace them as of yet.

Qui praeterita meminisse nequeunt damnantur ea repetere.
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

If by spending silver lions you mean Upgrading the "qualification" , it only adds the skills to that particular tank, so you will have to buy the qualification for each tank separately, even if the crew is same. If you are not swimming in obscene amounts of SL, only buy them for tanks you know you will play a lot of games in, even after they are spaded. Other than that, as much as it gives quite a bit in terms of skills, they are not game-changing so you can continue grinding the crew skills by simply playing. And the crew skills stay with all the vehicles as opposed to the qualification.

Im not sure if there is another way of spending SL on crew skills, though my memory might be wrong.

Edit: the "Ace" qualification can also be earned free if you have the "expert" qualification and after you earn a set amount of RP with the vehicle (the amount required is massive though)

Knocking them out one at a time. AOD Member AOD_Macjagger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

You need at least the basic crew qualification, if you are short on silver, that is fine to start. When you have millions of silver, make sure all your crews, or at least your favorite tanks have the expert rating. At top tier this costs 1 million per crew. 8)

For air, i generally buy 100GE worth of crew training so i don't instantly black out all the time... 100GE is not too much, the rest i grind out.

Also, Arcade mode give 3x crew and module research more than you get from RB. I will run new crews and stock lineups in Arcade for 10-ish games to get parts, FPE, maybe a better round, then back to RB.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_chalion1a's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I have to agree. I play BR 4.0 and 4.3 a lot (those are usually the minimum for dailes/weekles/events), so I had made them all expert (plus used GE to get the Talismans on my preferred to play vehicles to boost my RP). It's a slow grind at those BR, so my SL gain is usually 3 to 4 times more than the RP I gain, so I have a good stack of SL for repairs or crew qualification.

Edit: I also am silly enough to keep buying the Premium game time when it goes on sale, so I already get ridiculous amounts of SL. Plus, using Premium vehicles gives good SL and RP boosts, but costs real money to get those.
    Last edited by AOD_chalion1a; 08-06-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_Hellcat101's Avatar
    Rank
    Trainer
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KhaosTheory View Post
    Quick question for the group. is it better to earn experience to the crews or pay the silver lions and speed the training up. I am not going to spend the golden eagles to ace them as of yet.
    Yes it is ok to increase some crew skills but only some specific ones like maybe reload for tankers or keen vision for pilots and tankers . just don't spend too much this is a free game

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_KURZHAAR's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I always pay for the Expert level on a plane I plan to fly a lot. If you do not have at least Expert level your pilot will constantly black out in hard fast turns. You just cannot compete in dog fights especially jets without Expert level. I will play my way to ACE level though. That is "real" money...