I took an IQ test and the results were negative AOD Member AOD_sparkomatic72's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Nicemadeupstory /rank: Matchmaker

Not to complain but...take this evening for instance: 111.000 online and a hefty percentage of that was in battle (playing EU and RU servers). Yet, consistently I was bottom tier. Not expecting to be top tier; it would be nice to be in the same tier or even rank. One of the reasons I left WOT was unless I was playing tier 10 I was consistently bottom of the heap and when I played tier 10 it was a solid tier 10 line up.

This is no where like WOT, in my jaded opinion but it just seems after the last month or so it went from even-tiered to not. And the number online, at least in my time zone hasn't changed that much.

TLDR: /rankaboutmatchmaking

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD_fred_brie's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Nothing scientific but when you squad up with people you almost constantly get uptier it seems.

For me the matchmakings feels like it change in the last few weeks. Mind you maybe my suckness level just increased!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The numbers i am going to present you are not by any means 100% accurate, yet they are an estimation of how gaijin matchmaking system works.
    If you solo queue you will get uptiered 6/10 times (at least).
    If you play with another teammate you get uptiered 6 - 7/10 times.
    If you squad up with 2 or 3 teammates you get uptiered 8 - 9 /10 times almost always versus anoher 3 or 4 people squad as opponents.

The more the servers are populated the more this algorythm will find a way to get under your skin.

This system is adopted by gaijin to make players spend on premim vehicles that can potentially compete against 0.5 to 1.0 BR higher than expected.

Quitters!!!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

My opinion on this matter is you will be uptiered 9 out of 10 battles. It happens so much, I don't even pay attention to it. I complain constantly about people who complain about being uptiered because going into every match I EXPECT to be uptiered. Every tank in this game is designed to be able to kill other tanks up to 1 BR level higher which is why there is constant uptiering in this game. There is only 1 way to guarantee you do not get uptiered every match and that is to play 11.3 matches.

I know it sucks to get uptiered but the sooner you come to the realization that every match you are uptiered the more fun you will have in this game. The other thing I've noticed when I do get into a match and the other guys in my squad say "finally we are the top tier" I find that I constantly get one shot and have shitty games. When I'm the lowest tier playing, I get shit loads of kills and bonuses for "Rank does not matter" and usually come close to the top of the leader board.

So get use to it and stop worrying about whether your uptiered or not, just expect to be uptiered every match and you'll have a better time.