I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Default Recommended 4k Gaming Monitor?

Now that I'm employed, I was thinking of making some upgrades to my computer. I was considering getting a 4k gaming monitor to help take advantage of my 3090. My current monitor is a Acer Predator XB241H, which I would change over to being my 2nd monitor (my current 2nd is just a TV)

Anyone have any recommendations? Preferably those with G-sync?

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_VVoody_87th's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I run a 240Hz Samsung Odyssey G9 with my 3090 but honestly I think it's overkill. However I love the screen real estate when working since I can have multiple documents spread side to side.

It's 4K and G-Sync but with a very wide 5120 x 1440 aspect ratio. I think it takes full use of my peripheral vision to use it in gaming and it's very immersive. It's also ridiculously expensive.

I also run a standard ultra wide 144Hz monitor which is 3K at 3440 x 1440 on my other system and honestly I don't really feel it's any compromise over the 5120 wide in gaming and it's significantly less expensive. With that system I have a standard 1440 next to it for working.

Bottom line is I'd take a 1440 ultra wide format over a standard 16:9 4K monitor any day and don't buy a 5120 G9 unless you really don't mind the cost and have a ton of desk space. I was foolish and impulsive that day. :-

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

If it can be mounted then I'm fine with getting the 5120, since all of my mounters are on mounts attached to my wall (helps clear out space on my desktop)

Also, no such thing as overkill! Only open fire, and I need to reload! :P

But ya, I've heard of that monitor and price checked it as well, just wasn't entirely certain if there were others out there that were comparable.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_VVoody_87th's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I think the Samsung model is unique for that size. I'm certain it can be wall mounted. It's heavier than a 65" TV these days.

The monitor makes me happy. It's one of those key things in life you shouldn't go cheap on. Your bed, your car, and your monitor....that's where you spend most of your life not working right? In my case working too.

That said I only need one!

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Just get an OLED. Blows everything else out of the water tbh. Unfortunately there's not much, if any, practical desk size OLEDs other than the Alienware ultrawide. Which is an easy pick over every other desk size monitor if you like ultrawide.