Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default GPU + Youtube; Windows 11 Query

Hey all, So I seem to have a weird issue and I generally only notice it when I watch Youtube - Might be a Youtube or Chrome issue possibly.

Sometimes, the player on the page is green. Than my monitor turns off and back on. I cant recall ever having this issue on any other website or during a game so it makes me think its something either with chrome or youtube. Generally just curious if anyone else has ever experienced this before? its freaking weird haha. Not a horrible problem, just weird.

Zotac 3080, 5800x, Windows 10, 3600 32gb corsair rgb whatever ram, with OS on a 1 tb nvme

Another question, is anyone here using Windows 11 and how are you enjoying it so far and any issues with it? I was thinking of updating to it since its been out a bit now.

thanks

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Sineira's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I had such big performance/lag issues with BF2042 in Win 11 I did a separate Win10 install for gaming.

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Sineira's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

To expand on that. I did a deep dive into every BIOS setting, Windows apps and features, Windows services, driver versions, game settings etc.
    I spent two months of tweaking and researching (and I'm fairly good at this).
    Nothing helped much so I had to give up.

It could be a clean Windows 11 install might have worked, I didn't try that.
    But the clean Win 10 install plays perfectly. On my Windows 11 install the game is basically unplayable due to low minimum FPS (max is same as in Win10) and random stutter with decent FPS and also lag.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Your screen turning off is likely the driver crashes. Try DDU then clean driver install. If that doesn't work just disable hardware acceleration in chrome.

Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HOODedDutchman View Post
    Your screen turning off is likely the driver crashes. Try DDU then clean driver install. If that doesn't work just disable hardware acceleration in chrome.
    I think I fixed the issue. I have a PCIE 4.0 riser cable, it is enabled 4.0 in the bios. I pulled that out and put my GPU just straight in the motherboard about 1 week ago give or take and havent had an issue since. It was a brand off Amazon that had really great reviews so maybe I just got a lemon, idk. And Ive been watching youtube fairly regularly since so maybe that riser just didnt play nicely. Ill update here if I have anymore issues.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Could just set it to 3.0 in bios. You won't lose any performance anyways and it might fix the issue.
    13700K // MSI Z790I EDGE
    NZXT Kraken X63 // 32gb HyperX 6000c40 @ 6600c34
    AData XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2tb
    MSI RTX 4080 Ventus OC // Alienware AW2725DF
    SSUPD Meshlicious // Corsair SF750