I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Default Recommendations for new speakers?

I currently use the Logitech X-540, purchased back in 2010 (a very good purchase, mind you) in recent months the rear speakers have started to go out. I started to do a look into a good speaker system but am finding a lot of mixed information on what is considered "good"

I'm not interested in using a headset, since those give me headaches (its why I use a boom mic) so I'm wondering if any of our members have any advice on a good speaker system, preferably 5.1 but if not possible then eh I'll go with what is good.

Hello Sunshine AOD Member AOD_Sunwheel's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Suisfonia View Post
    finding a lot of mixed information on what is considered "good"
    After researching PC speakers for a long time, last year, I came to the same conclusion. Read the 1-star reviews on Amazon for every decent set of speakers I could find. Not sure that helps because audiophiles seem very hard to please. Ended up getting this pair of Bose speakers, which I'm happy with but don't use for gaming, other than for Planetside 2 where your eyes (mini-map) are usually more reliable than your ears with all that background noise going on:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD1PTF0/
    Intel 13700K @ 5.4GHz; Zotac RTX 4080; 32GB RAM @ 4400MHz 20-28-28-48
    1 TB 990 NVMe, 500 GB 980 NVMe, 500 GB 850 & 860 EVOs; EVGA 750W Gold PS
    Dell S2721DGF @ 165Hz IPS (x2)
    Pulsar X2V2 Mini on Artisan Zero FX Soft XL
    Ducky One 3 SF 65% keyboard with pre-lubed Black switches

Can I have your Tots AOD Member AOD_Hetzer_75's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sunwheel View Post
    After researching PC speakers for a long time, last year, I came to the same conclusion. Read the 1-star reviews on Amazon for every decent set of speakers I could find. Not sure that helps because audiophiles seem very hard to please. Ended up getting this pair of Bose speakers, which I'm happy with but don't use for gaming, other than for Planetside 2 where your eyes (mini-map) are usually more reliable than your ears with all that background noise going on:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD1PTF0/
    Another vote for these ones. My Amazon purchase history shows I bought those 7 years ago and they are still going strong on my main gaming computer. Great bass and sound.