I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Default Windows function stop working after playing a game

This is a problem I've never encountered, and looking up the game in question gives me no results (as in no one is having the same issue?) so here's the thing. A friend got me the game Ni No Kuni 2, stating that I might like it and well I do; the problem is that when I quit out of the game, Steam shows it as still running and won't stop it; but what is worse is when I try to load up task manager the UI doesn't load up properly and I'm unable to force kill anything. I even tried to load up process explorer and it fails to load.

Now, what I find to be much worse, is that I can't restart or shutdown the system normally when this is happening. I have to do a forced restart, I've already done a file check on my system files and everything comes up clean, ran a virus scan and it is clean, malware scan? Nothing found. I do monitor the game while its running and it does seem to use quite a bit of memory (about 20% of my ram, sometimes more, but rarely anything more than 22%)

I'm wondering if anyone might know what this game is *doing*, frankly I'm on the verge of just uninstalling it because I worry that if I keep on having to force restart my system it might damage something.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_LTCaveman's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Hello, I shot you off a message in Discord (easier for real time communications) but figured I should post as well;

The first thing I'd be curious of, is does anything get logged in event viewer?
    Have you ran DRIVER updates? (You'd b
    e surprised at how much stuff updates can fix)

Feel free to reply here or poke me in Discord.