Can I have your Tots AOD Member AOD_Flashxp's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Default Fluffy Gluten Free Cookies

I am here to help out those, who like me, cannot process the gluten of the modern age.

To start this is a modification of Martha Stewart's cookie recipe. So far no one I have shared these cookies with has been able to tell that they are gluten free.

2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
    (I swap this for King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour, you can find it at coscto or online. I like it because its 1to1 and has all the stuff you need for it to behave like regular flour. Works great for cake or breaded things too.)

½ teaspoon baking soda

2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature

½ cup granulated sugar

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1 teaspoon kosher salt

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)

To start you mix the sugars and butter together until smooth. I found that melting the butter first created the cakey texture that my kids and I prefer. Make sure to mix until it looks like some quality mud. You do not want it to look like wet sand or the cookies will be grainy.

From there you add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt to your smooth sugar and butter. Mix until it is once again smooth. It will appear a little more 'watery' at this point.

The flour needs to have the baking soda mixed in completely before you add it to your wet mix. I recommend thoroughly mixing with a whisk.

Add the flour to the mix in small portions until all the flour has been added. This is not a fast process. The goal is to mix it until the flour is no longer visible white powder.

Add the chocolate chips after the mixture has a smooth texture. This is also a slow process. Mix until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. Try not to over mix or you will get an overly firm/crunchy texture. You can add more chocolate chips if you want, just remember the more you add the harder it is for the cookies to rise. I also like to do half butter scotch half chocolate if I am feeling frisky.

Martha's recipe recommends 12mins at 350 in the oven. In my experience, it takes between 16 and 18 minutes with the gluten free flour depending on the doneness you prefer. The extended cooking time is a pattern that I have noticed as I have been experimenting with the gluten free replacement in other recipes.

I have many other successful gluten free recipes as well. If people like this post I will continue to share what I have learned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookie.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	43685

Do your best, every time
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Oh okay thank you sir

All my toys are broken and So am I inside, mom.The carnival has closed Years ago AOD Member AOD_Tranquillo's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

a cup of butter and a 1/2 cup of sugar, oh heck yeah! It's gonna be good!

Your Friendly Armored Engineer AOD Member AOD_Darkwhip's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Thanks, i'll try it out later, after I translate the ingredients