Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default A friend in need.

So by any chance do any of you know how to replace sounds/music in mb2 i really want to change some music on maps any help would be much appreciated

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Cowdog's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can't say I know exactly how to do that, but this process would seem logical:

If you have Stuffit Expander or WinZip, use it to unzip the .pk3 of the map which you want to change the music on... inside the folder it creates is a 'music' folder. Take out the .mp3 that is in there and put in the .mp3 that you want it to use, then compress the folder again and rename it to the name of the map, e.g. "mb2_dotf" and change the .zip extension to .pk3 ... then move the old "mb2_dotf.pk3" somewhere else and put your new "mb2_dotf.pk3" in the MBII folder.
    Obviously, don't delete the old .pk3 file. Make sure you still have it in case the above instructions screw everything up and cause the universe to implode. Which is entirely possible.

As I said, I don't exactly know how to do it and I haven't even tried the above method, but the process seems logical. I might be out to lunch, I don't know. Please don't bash me if it doesn't work. :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have backups anyway if something goes wrong so il give it a try