Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Darth Sion's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Geekout Class Ideas for Movie Battles 3

So I just thought I would start this thread to throw out some of the new classes we might hope to see whenever movie battles 3 does come out. I'll start with a class idea I've had for a while. For free leave your own ideas or whatever.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Danneskjold Repossessions.
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Commandos should be more lightly armored, but faster.

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

I likey

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

looks nice

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector GreenLlama's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i would like to see a class with vibroblades or the such that could duel with jedi/sith
    maybe they would have more armor than jedi/sith but they would not have any force powers

or maybe vibroblade could be added as an alternate weapon for mandos + more armor (but it would cost a lot of points so they couldn't have a lot of other stuff obviously)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would like to see an Elite Droid, like in the clone wars series.

I also want Mandos to have a scout class, something with a p1 or p2, and a sniper rifle of some sort.
    It would be awesome to see the point progression come back, instead of just 80 points when you connect, you get just enough for one ability, and you have to get kills to unlock more points. However, a map would be a shorter time, maybe only 10-20 minutes, and then points reset.

Or, you could do it planetside style, you simply fight, die, regen, get kills to perm unlock new gear.

Anyway, blabbering done. XD

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

Manda with proj ftw

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

From what I understand, a build of mb2 actually had proj as one of the mando weps.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Darth Sion's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_GreenLlama View Post
    i would like to see a class with vibroblades or the such that could duel with jedi/sith
    maybe they would have more armor than jedi/sith but they would not have any force powers

or maybe vibroblade could be added as an alternate weapon for mandos + more armor (but it would cost a lot of points so they couldn't have a lot of other stuff obviously)
    Like maybe a Magnaguard or something?

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector GreenLlama's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

yea something like that

Danneskjold Repossessions.
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_stormjedi View Post
    From what I understand, a build of mb2 actually had proj as one of the mando weps.
    B19 was the last time that Mandos had projectile rifles, but it's been years, and I'm drunk, so my memory may be off.

While Vibroblades would be interesting, they don't really fit in the lore. The only people that could stand against a jedi/sith sword fighting is another force sensitive. The biggest problem concerning MB2 / MB3 is that Saber Defense 3 is so spectacularly important that you will never find a jedi / sith without it except for Force jedi / sith. Defense 3 should be modified into an expensive skill that is only useful for specific occasions, and outside of that a waste of points.

And there used to be a progressive point system. There may still be one, but it's long since been server CVared. Basically when you joined you would start with 60 points and would work your way up to 80 points over 6 rounds / so many kills. While it's an interesting idea, people quickly realized that servers that started with 80 points were far, far more popular than servers that started with 60.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would like to see point progression come back for mb3, with that, suddenly, it isn't the class that is important, but how you use it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok, I have an idea for two classes, one for the imperials and one for the rebels.

Imperial Class:
    I'm not sure if this class already exists in other parts of the game, but I'd like to see a Gamorrean class that would be mostly a melee class, with the primary weapon being a battle axe. Seeing as it would be mostly a melee class however, I think it should have health equivalent to that of a wookie or perhaps even a bit stronger, since most combat would take place up close. Also maybe it could have a thermal detonator or a couple frag grenades to give it some ranged capabilities.

Rebel Class:
    A possible class option for rebels could be Jawas who are particularly effective against droids and machinery. I'm thinking of the weapon the Jawas used in A New Hope to temporarily stun R2D2 for a time. Perhaps they could be equipped with weapons intended to short-circuit all droid classes. I'm not sure what other weaponry or use they would have, but it would give another option for the rebels to play if the imperials spammed dekas and SBDs.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I do kinda like the idea of droids/humanoids being different classes and having different abilities rather then just models.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Rogueltc's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I like your idea :P

I am the bone of my sword, Steel is my body and fire is my blood. AOD Member AOD_Fang's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    On Leave

Force powers such as push and pull have delays instead of allowing them to instantly knock you down when you stand back up.
    Or it drains more force Or a combination of the both
    but it surely needs imo a delay

EAUHAHAEAHEHAUHAEHAHAHA AOD Member AOD_Kewl's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

A good deal of these ideas are amazing. But.. The Dev team will NEVER go for this stuff. For one, this would require them to actually start putting forth some effort into their mod again. Past that reason, the others are just kicking a dead horse.

'The best fencer in a school doesn't fear the second best, he fears the worst fencer because he has no idea what he'll try next.'
    Superman: I was pounding my shit.