Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You're not my real dad! Artacris's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well why would you need to stay logged into the game if you have to leave it for a while? It's rather easy to just log back in.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Johnnystang's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sciffer..do you have kids?, I think the point Cloud was making, as well as I is that sometimes you need to leave the game ..NOW. Baby is crying, or something comes up..we all know its easy to leave game and log back in, but sometimes u gotta do something and just either forget to log out.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ahh, well that's understandable. The only problem is its hard to tell when you're active/idle in game when you're not in vent. And AOD has pretty strict rules on being in vent and in game. Maybe a solution would be to PM someone in game whose not in Vent, and if they don't reply, and they're not in game or anything, then it's probably because they stepped away from the game while still logged in?
    Last edited by Artacris; 06-28-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sciffer View Post
    Ahh, well that's understandable. The only problem is its hard to tell when you're active/idle in game when you're not in vent. And AOD has pretty strict rules on being in vent and in game. Maybe a solution would be to PM someone in game whose not in Vent, and if they don't reply, and they're not in game or anything, then it's probably because they stepped away from the game while still logged in?
    if your running to a crying baby or the sound of a toddler causing a large explosion of glass by the sound of it. you don't have time to stop and send a message.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blankwindow View Post
    if your running to a crying baby or the sound of a toddler causing a large explosion of glass by the sound of it. you don't have time to stop and send a message.
    No no, I'm talking about the CO or squad leader sending a message to the person whose AFK, and if they don't respond and it doesn't look like they're in a match, then they're probably afk. Not the guy whose going afk to pm the officer.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hi guys. Just to throw my 2 cents into the discussion:

Stress the fact that vent login has other purposes than chat. I, before informed about the quiet room, opted not to log in if I could not talk. I thought that would be better than being the douche who never answers anyone. I don't have much experience from clans or vent and I bet there are more like me. Luckily an officer promptly informed me about the quiet room and reason for staying on vent while playing and problem solved. Perhaps that needs to be made more clear from the get-go? People tend to follow rules they understand the reason for and disregard the ones that make no sense (to them).

Also, make a push for the in-game AOD-chat. It makes it so much easier finding those AOD-friends you haven't made friends with yet :)

Like I said, just my 2 cents.

Cheers

/Snoopy

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blankwindow View Post
    You also likely don't have the time to log out of vent, but not the game.

If you have the time to exit vent, but not the game, you have time to put yourself in the quiet room.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set DraigUK's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok this has gone on far enough.

All agree to the CoC. All are made aware of mandatory Vent participation at interview. This is not up for discussion.

If you're in game and can't talk go in the quiet room, end of problem.
    If you're in game and on vent and need to go deal with something, goto the quiet room before you go, which takes less than a second to do so. End of problem.
    If you're going to be away from game for more than an hour, log out of game before going so you don't get auto kicked from vent and end up looking like your in game but not in vent. End of problem.

Yes there may be the ODD occasion when for some inexplicable reason you cannot do this, or simply forget, and if so you won't have a problem because it will be a "one off" and your officers will know it is a one off.
    These messages are not directed at you, they are directed at people who simply avoid using Vent.
    In which case there is no point in them being in a clan, and certainly not this one.
    That is the end of the matter. Stay in vent or leave AOD. If you don't do this you will eventually be removed.

End of discussion. Locked.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

BlackNGold137 - kicked/banned for not being on vent after multiple warnings - changed to 48 hour ban after appeal by him within 15mins of being banned - changed to perma ban by CmdSgt_khc.

Heisenberg - kicked/banned for not being on vent
    Nettwerk - kicked/banned for not being on vent after multiple warnings

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

AceRammer - kicked/banned for not being on vent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12