If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Imaginative's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Am I missing something?

I seem to be the only person in the world who is actually excited for 1.37. New Japanese planes, new tiering, 75mm duck, new graphics, new maps, blah, blah, blah. I like everything I see. Everything, even mixed HB battles believe it or not. What is the doomsday device I am missing in the patch notes? Should I see a doctor... I don't like being the one idiot who likes a patch that will ruin the game.

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hey Imaginative,

I see nothing wrong with be excited about the new patch... it could turn out to be pretty cool... but it's a major change!

The only reason some of us are in a bit of a scramble is that planes we have unlocked but have not bought due to not having the Silver Lions will have to be researched after the patch. After the patch we will be forced to grind certain planes to unlock the next higher tier plane and they may not be planes we exactly enjoy flying.

Example: I wanted the Death Star Japanese G8M1 and after the patch to get this plane I would have had to grind the G4M1 - not that much fun IMO. Therefore, I grinded the Japanese and got my G8M1 before the patch.

That is why I have been busy grinding Lions trying to buy all the planes I have unlocked before the patch. Plus, grind to get planes I have always wanted like the Japanese N1k's.

Avi

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Aviation21 View Post
    Hey Imaginative,

I see nothing wrong with be excited about the new patch... it could turn out to be pretty cool... but it's a major change!

The only reason some of us are in a bit of a scramble is that planes we have unlocked but have not bought due to not having the Silver Lions will have to be researched after the patch. After the patch we will be forced to grind certain planes to unlock the next higher tier plane and they may not be planes we exactly enjoy flying.

Example: I wanted the Death Star Japanese G8M1 and after the patch to get this plane I would have had to grind the G4M1 - not that much fun IMO. Therefore, I grinded the Japanese and got my G8M1 before the patch.

That is why I have been busy grinding Lions trying to buy all the planes I have unlocked before the patch. Plus, grind to get planes I have always wanted like the Japanese N1k's.

Avi

Don't get burned out!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post

Don't get burned out!
    Nah... not me! Actually I like to grind sometimes!

I did find some really cool ways to make a lot of Lions with my German Wellie:
    1) Malta map sneak over to the Barrage Balloons either left or right high alt and then shoot them all down with your turret gunners. You will more than likely kill a couple of bots in the process they always seem to attack me when I make this run. My highest game 176,000K.
    2) Bulge Map fly high alt straight over the tank column on the left just drop your bombs and hope to hit some tanks/cars. Then keep flying straight when the B17s are just to your right fly into their formation even or just a little lower then them and enjoy the fire fight! I stopped controlling my turrets and just let all fire away... this is truly a blast! You will see your lion count going crazy as your turrets keep hitting the B17s... you could have bad luck here but well worth it!

Enjoy!

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes DaddyWabbit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Actaully they partially changed the grinding requirements in DEV 1.37 already.

You dont have to "grind" the entire plane and its mods in the tech tree before the one you really want, anymore. They took the community feedback into consideration on that.

You simply have to purchase it now, you dont have to fly it, put it in service or grind the mods to unlock the next one in line anymore.

Mostly people will find it easier to unlock planes in 1.37, since there will no longer be a country rank requirement...you can igone portions of the tech tree that dont interest you, and go straight down the ones that do. I.e some people that where 15-16 ish in a country rank in 1.35 will now find them selves able to buy/research a jet immediately in 1.37. Or after just after researching one more plane

Unlocking for research requirements for 1.37 are currently:

Simply own at least any 4 planes of previous tier and its immediate predecessor in the tech tree.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That is good news DaddyWabbit... I hope that hold true!