If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Imaginative's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Maybe we should thank Gaijin.

This was originally going to be a rage post, about it taking two days so far for me to get progress for even half my Ki-84, a plane I crave. I was halfway into writing my rage post, then I thought of something, over just the past few days, even hours, Gaijin has been working their hardest for a patch that frankly they thought would have a better response for. Sure, maybe RP is a little hard to get used to, but it could be worse, remember the first dev server? If Gaijin really didn't care, we would have to research mods of the previous plane to unlock the next plane, plus the grind we have to do now, imagine how much worse that would be, but no, they changed that in the next dev server. Remember mixed HB/RB battles on the first few hours of 1.37? I do, they were horrid! You know what though? Gaijin changed that back because of us, the players, HB/RB is back to nation vs nation now, bringing a huge sigh of relief. Not to mention they are doing so much more to patch their wounds as I type this.

The point I'm trying and doing horribly at making here is maybe we should be less spiteful towards 1.37, from the bad, to the really bad. Imagine (LOL Name Reference) working your bum off for two months or more on something just to have thousands hate it, a very vocal hate may I add (War Thunder Forums *Cough*), you wouldn't feel great would you?

Give this all time, maybe in a few months, a research system different from 1.37s will seem odd.

It's the holidays, lets look past 1.37s short comings and thank Gaijin for everything they've done for us.

P.S. I know

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I love the patch. Except for the mixed nations (which is fixed) and the fubar MM that is putting bi planes against jets (I got me a rocket airburst kill on a F80 earlier. motherfucker thought he could B&Z my chaika)

But other than those two issues one which is fixed and the other I'm sure will be soon. I love it

Sure the new RP system needs some tweaking to either buff the amount of RP points gained, Reduce the amount of RP required for each plane, or a bit of both. But that doesn't upset me just part of having something new.

and plane upgrades (engine, guns, ect) seem to be quicker to acquire in the new system.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think the graphics tweak is great. I saw folks complaining about it being "cartoony" now like WoW. I disagree.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Endo10325's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

patch is great before the patch i was a good 5 nation lvls (at least) away from a jet... now i can get one as soon as i get the lions for it

Let me pass, or put skill to final test. Wipe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hitler doesn't agree
    Last edited by Wipe; 12-20-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Endo10325's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

a few good points made by hitler there, the match making/tier system can probly use a little work.......after i buy my jet.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...137-good-luck/

this explains my horrible results at bombing in this patch.

Direct hits with 1,000s aren't even kills on medium tanks now.

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I'm really liking this patch. It's the most fun I've ever had in War Thunder.

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have mixed feelings about the patch however as usual I am adjusting to it. I am glad to see the nations are not mixed anymore with RB games. I am having fun testing some of the planes I did not enjoy flying before - Tempest is much better, Mig 3 seems to be better and the King Cobra seems to be fun now.

I think MM is working as designed based on the release notes but I hope they change it. I am avoiding rank 4 all together tired of getting seal clubbed by Jets. Yesterday morning I took out my German LA 5 rank 3 and faced 5 80C jets... ouch! I wish they would only allow equal ranks to fly against each other like 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2... etc!

I flew several rank 2 games and felt bad for the rank 1 guys we kept coming up against. I wonder how I would feel if I just started playing this game with Reserve planes and faced Mig 3's and Russian P40's.

I like the development process and overall I am having relaxing fun! I need to try AB next sounds like it is fun.

Hey... as I always say "the one thank you can always count on is change!"
    Last edited by Aviation21; 12-20-2013 at 03:09 PM.