Knee High to a Worms Ass aracanid's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default German playing tips?

Hey guys, I'm currently rank 2 with the Germans and I've been practicing my BnZ but since unlocking the 109 E-3 I've been having a hard time killing anything. I find myself mainly overshooting my target alot of the time in it, anyone got any pointers that might help me out?

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

The MG/FF Cannons on the 109E's and F1 are hard to use. They have such low velocity that it's hard to get used to them. But the 109E's are great planes. First suggestion is to fire your cannons and MG's separately. They have different ballistics, and if you're hitting with MG's, that means you are probably missing with the cannons. And it doesn't help that they are mounted on two different parts of the plane, either.

Next, 109's are relatively light planes, lighter than the Spitfires actually. If you are dogfighting, use your superior acceleration and climb rate. That means you generally want to point your nose skyward instead of downward. But you still want to keep your speed up and not stall.

Lastly, if you get matched up against a superior plane, like a Spitfire Mark 2B in your 109E3, you can almost turn as well as him, but you can roll much, much faster. So using the Scissors maneuver will help a lot.

What is time to an immortal? AOD Member AOD_Cadimus's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active
    "In midnight clad"